Vandal Fans talk UNT Gameweek

Harry

I think our D stops their run. Forcing their QB to throw and make mistakes (he demonstrates that he does) will be the game plan. Getting off the field on third down in one of their highest goals. I like our chances in blitzing their QB and forcing mistakes. If we get enough of those, our confidence will build.

Thanks for the safe flight and my group is looking forward to it. I did do a prediction on your "Prediction" thread, but if you go there you see how I went about doing it. It was a "spud bake" thing, with some comical stuff. I honestly feel the team will put up a good challenge in the opener vs UNT. I fear the secondary may give up the big one or allow the third and short pass to keep UNT in possession and running, eating clock and wearing down the D. I do like the offense of Idaho that I saw when I traveled out of Boise and went up to Moscow to watch the spring games, and then this fall (August). But it is Idaho vs Idaho in spring and fall. Petrino has changed the culture, the attitude, the discipline. He has brought in players and reshaped ones that were of the old regime, but wanted to "buy into" his hard-nosed drive of how football preparedness must be. We should be able to move the chains and see pay dirt. I like our chances for an upset if we get some turn overs. We have to play smart, not turn it over and do some take aways, if we want a W. The 14 to 17 point spread is about right, I feel. Total points? I see a high scoring affair and mentioned it could break 80. I can say this. I am around a lot of 18 to 22 year olds and I do know how they think. The best thing going for Idaho is its ugly last two years and the thinking, it is the same team. Your players have heard this and this is to our advantage. Your coaches instill in them not to get over-confident or get back on your heels, but you and I know that is hard. Your players may keep this interesting by coming in and thinking these guys are the pits. Petrino has a rough and tough group, well-conditioned, disciplined and this could be the largest land mine planted in Apogee Stadium for a very long time. See you soon. Here's to an injury free game and the teams bettering their skills for game #2.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the safe flight and my group is looking forward to it. I did do a prediction on your "Prediction" thread, but if you go there you see how I went about doing it. It was a "spud bake" thing, with some comical stuff. I honestly feel the team will put up a good challenge in the opener vs UNT. I fear the secondary may give up the big one or allow the third and short pass to keep UNT in possession and running, eating clock and wearing down the D. I do like the offense of Idaho that I saw when I traveled out of Boise and went up to Moscow to watch the spring games, and then this fall (August). But it is Idaho vs Idaho in spring and fall. Petrino has changed the culture, the attitude, the discipline. He has brought in players and reshaped ones that were of the old regime, but wanted to "buy into" his hard-nosed drive of how football preparedness must be. We should be able to move the chains and see pay dirt. I like our chances for an upset if we get some turn overs. We have to play smart, not turn it over and do some take aways, if we want a W. The 14 to 17 point spread is about right, I feel. Total points? I see a high scoring affair and mentioned it could break 80. I can say this. I am around a lot of 18 to 22 year olds and I do know how they think. The best thing going for Idaho is its ugly last two years and the thinking, it is the same team. Your players have heard this and this is to our advantage. Your coaches instill in them not to get over-confident or get back on your heels, but you and I know that is hard. Your players may keep this interesting by coming in and thinking these guys are the pits. Petrino has a rough and tough group, well-conditioned, disciplined and this could be the largest land mine planted in Apogee Stadium for a very long time. See you soon. Here's to an injury free game and the teams bettering their skills for game #2.

This is a low scoring game. Absolutely no way that there is 80 points in this game. We have a strong D and a week offense. Also, you are in no way more dangerous on offense than ULL.

I'm trying to be civil, but you're a bit delusional.

And our friend Joey goes back and posts our posts back on the Idaho board to get them stirred up. Nobody give that guy a beer on Saturday.

Put this up for Petrino and the team to read:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=205&f=2664&t=11806169

Oh NO, I am busted by the playground supervisor. You have over 4K posts and just discovered that there is "this" that goes on? I will buy you beer. You sound like the cry babies at the local jc, AKA Bozo State. Chit man, we are dogs by 30 to 50 according to some of you. We need as much motivation as we can get to get across the mid-field stripe. You actually made my day with this.

Edited by joeyvee

Oh NO, I am busted by the playground supervisor. You have over 4K posts and just discovered that there is "this" that goes on? I will buy you beer. You sound like the cry babies at the local jc, AKA Bozo State. Chit man, we are dogs by 30 to 50 according to some of you. We need as much motivation as we can get to get across the mid-field stripe. You actually made my day with this.

Most opposing teams have a few people trolling. It's just you and you're not annoying. So that is either really awesome or pathetic.

This is a low scoring game. Absolutely no way that there is 80 points in this game. We have a strong D and a week offense. Also, you are in no way more dangerous on offense than ULL.

I'm trying to be civil, but you're a bit delusional.

You left an opening there . . . "a bit". . . so, maybe a total in the 70's?