Predictions for Idaho

jtm0097

Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Vandals emerge victorious, by 1 point in triple OT.

Less than 7 OT's and it's not UNT news, no matter who wins. Luke Wilson would agree.

Two Potatoes are walking down the street. Which one is the Prostitute? The one stamped I-da-ho.

Return of the Worm- 29

Prostitute Potatoes-23

And thanks to this Game not being televised (don't care to go to Downtown Denver to the I-da-ho Alumni Bar), I will be subjected to Jub Jub and Hank. Things could be worse. See 'ya in the Chat Room Saturday...and GO GREEN!

You stole my joke. Now spell Tulsa backwards.

And I'll say it again...don't care what the score is, as long as we win, get all the bugs worked out and try out a few things/player combinations to see who and what might be a good change.

Final:

UNT W

You da ho L

...and if the attendance is less than 25K, a whole lot of people able to make it to the game that I would love to see, but can't, have got some 'splainin' to do.

• Upvote 1

You do realize we had 4,000 students (mostly freshmen) show up for a pep rally in the 101 degree heat?

You're delusional.

You're underestimating how big of a deal starting the season at home is. Throwback unis, and the 100 year anniversary plus a possibility at starting 1-0 against a team people know...Labor Day weekend is a plus. Heard differing word on the alcohol thing. You're wrong.

It wasn't 100 degrees on Monday in Denton, it was 94. It will be come Saturday though.

And we always have a good showing of freshmen at the first pep rally event each season.

Rick

don't mind UNT90...

between him and reputation, most new posters are introduced to a negative gmg pretty quickly (how the former is leading in the latter is beyond me). stick around for awhile and you'll see most of the gang isn't that way.

"if you want to shed light into the dark, you focus on the solutions not the problems."

If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't 100 degrees on Monday in Denton, it was 94. It will be come Saturday though.

And we always have a good showing of freshmen at the first pep rally event each season.

Rick

And lately, we've had a pretty good turnout of students for the first game each season as well.

We've got to give them a reason to keep coming though...

• Upvote 2

Forecast humidity for Denton on Saturday is 33%. Currently the humidity on the HOT Palouse hills, with that beautiful golden wheat, is 37%.

The humidity right now is 74%, and it's projected to be only 42% with a hi temp of 99 come Saturday. But there is a slight chance of rain Friday. If that happens it'll be "Hello Houston" on game day.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USTX0353

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Last year's crowd was nowhere near this size and they didn't do it the year before.

This is the largest incoming freshman class in our history, so I expect it to be a larger turn out than normal. There is always a pep rally of some kind,..ie the Clark Park deal...whatever, and it's usually well attended.

Regardless, all Im saying is don't rely on freshmen turnout for any first event to judge our overall attendance for the first home game. I still say we will be damn lucky if we break 20k total.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Last year's crowd was nowhere near this size and they didn't do it the year before.

They did it the year before. It was the first time I stepped foot in Apogee. When I decided where to buy my season tickets. The only time I've been to the tip of the Wingzone. It was very well attended. I remember it vividly.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

This is the largest incoming freshman class in our history, so I expect it to be a larger turn out than normal. There is always a pep rally of some kind,..ie the Clark Park deal...whatever, and it's usually well attended.

Regardless, all Im saying is don't rely on freshmen turnout for any first event to judge our overall attendance for the first home game. I still say we will be damn lucky if we break 20k total.

Rick

We filled up maybe one section last year. This is 4K at the game for sure. You can't tell me this class is 4X the size. Campus is very different now. These kids were lined up around the stadium to get tickets, from a very reliable source! Winning Saturday and winning big is vital. We had 22K for Texas Southern, no way it's under 20.

People on here are downplaying the casual alum interest in the centennial, worm and first CUSA game...and against someone people know, even if they think lowly of.

It's likely they end up overflowing students like they did for Houston.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

Rick

Are you serious?? less than 20k... for a home opener? The first game of the season, no less?

• Upvote 1

don't mind UNT90...

between him and reputation, most new posters are introduced to a negative gmg pretty quickly (how the former is leading in the latter is beyond me). stick around for awhile and you'll see most of the gang isn't that way.

"if you want to shed light into the dark, you focus on the solutions not the problems."

If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.

UNT90 leads because he posts a lot and he posts the truth a lot...

You may like his style, but he points out the fact that our team is not highly ranked in recruiting, that our offense is very conservative, that our DL is not deep, that Benford has been a disaster as our BB coach, that RV didn't deserve a 5-year extension when you look at our W/L % in money sports, that our administration and BOR have not historically cared about athletics at all, and that our OOC scheduling in football is the worst thing our AD does. Those are not opinions that are hard to back up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I happen to agree with every thing UNT90 said except for his position on R.V. Until he came on board, the only new dedicated athletic facility since my freshman year of 61' was Hayden Fry's athletic administration building,known to newbees as the old ticket office. I know that he made a big mistake on T.D.,and the verdict is still out on Bedford[.However,it's my understanding that coaches we not beating down the door to replace J.J.I personally don't have a problem with any schedule that gives us 6 home games.In summary, I think that R.V. is the best A.D. we have ever had, if for no other reason than all the new bricks and sticks that have gone up in his tenure.[Please don't tell me that we would have achieved new stadium and student athletic fee increase with out his persistence, because we wouldn't have.] If he is to be criticized for his failures, and he has had some, then he should be commented for his overall success.Just an old man's opinion.

• Upvote 1

"If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it."

And what the F does this mean? If I change the way I think about losing, I can accept losing better? Bullshit.

Why don't you really examine the first part of this quote and then really examine my posts.

Maybe you will get it.

Edited by UNT90

"If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it."

And what the F does this mean? If I change the way I think about losing, I can accept losing better? Bullshit.

Why don't you really examine the first part of this quote and then really examine my posts.

Maybe you will get it.

In a two days, the lights are coming on, the whistle is blowing, the band is playing, and we will have football. Our team, with our coaches and a whole lot of other people working in the background is going to roll this show out one more time.

It is time that we come together as a fan base, show up to tailgate, show up at the game and let this team know that all of the hard work which started the day after football season ended last year is much appreciated.

I for one welcome anyone to come by and have some free food, free beer or whatever else we have laying around. I don't care about weak recruiting, 6 game home schedules, 5 year contracts, coaches of the past, the golf course that was torn down, or that I put my grill in the exact spot that I nearly always duck hooked my drives on the 11th hole of the Eagle Point Golf Course. There will be time to talk about this in January.

For now WE and I mean WE, have a freakin football game to go to. WE have a team to support, and as I heard McCarney say about two weeks ago, "We are going to kick their butt so hard that they are going to feel like it is up around their shoulders!!!"

Lets give this team a home field advantage, do our job as fans to insure that it is a home field advantage, and put this one in the books and get on down the road!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I for one welcome anyone to come by and have some free food, free beer or whatever else we have laying around.

A supervisor at work bought season tickets because her daughter enrolled at UNT as a freshman this year. She was asking me about tailgating, and I told her that back in the Fouts days, the tailgating was really big, but fairly uninviting and mysteriously wristbandy to the unknown wandering soul, but that Apogee has taken on a whole new character with this. Things have become open, welcoming, warm, fun. I told her to just go on tour and talk to people, that she would find friendlies everywhere.

I'm pretty excited about Saturday. Can't wait to see the new redneck configuration of my BBQ. Can't wait to see people I haven't seen since January. Can't wait to stop off at Oak Street House of Cocktails and High Falutin' Beers on the way in.

I've lived in Texas for nine long years now. It hasn't been the best move I've ever made. UNT football is by far the best thing that's happened to me in that time. Contracts? Uniform talk? Don't need none of that. Beer? Ribs? Music? Bunch of kids chasing an oblong ball around a field? Yes sir!

Let's go out there on Saturday and remember that this is supposed to be FUN! It's not religion, it's not family, it's not the national economy or the price of suburban housing. It's sun, food, drink, coeds in sundresses, and sports! And it's FUN!

In a two days, the lights are coming on, the whistle is blowing, the band is playing, and we will have football. Our team, with our coaches and a whole lot of other people working in the background is going to roll this show out one more time.

It is time that we come together as a fan base, show up to tailgate, show up at the game and let this team know that all of the hard work which started the day after football season ended last year is much appreciated.

I for one welcome anyone to come by and have some free food, free beer or whatever else we have laying around. I don't care about weak recruiting, 6 game home schedules, 5 year contracts, coaches of the past, the golf course that was torn down, or that I put my grill in the exact spot that I nearly always duck hooked my drives on the 11th hole of the Eagle Point Golf Course. There will be time to talk about this in January.

For now WE and I mean WE, have a freakin football game to go to. WE have a team to support, and as I heard McCarney say about two weeks ago, "We are going to kick their butt so hard that they are going to feel like it is up around their shoulders!!!"

Lets give this team a home field advantage, do our job as fans to insure that it is a home field advantage, and put this one in the books and get on down the road!!!!!!!

We fight because we are family, even if it is a pretty disfinctional one. And you remind me of the matriarch begging for peace during a holiday dinner. Ain't gonna happen.

But take heart, because even though we are disfinctional, we ALWAYS unite against the outsiders.

Requesting peace for a day is hard enough, requesting that it last 4 full months is insane, but you already knew that.