How UNT got to where it is and what we know...

MeanGreen61

A few people have e-mailed me over the last day or so to ask about UNT’s quarterback situation coming out of the final scrimmage of fall practice.

First off, UNT’s scrimmages are closed to the media, which means no stats.

Closed means closed.

What we have to go on is what UNT’s coaches and players had to say, which is this case was … McCarney praises Thompson’s play after the workout.

The more I have talked to UNT’s assistants and players, the more I have become convinced that Thompson is in position to at least begin the season as UNT’s starter.

Here are my thoughts on each player in the race:

Thompson – I sat and watched all of spring practice and thought all along that Thompson was the best quarterback out there. He threw the ball well, looked more mobile than he had in the past and he had a grasp of the offense. The coaching staff has brought in a host of players to compete with Thompson during his career and he is still sitting there, seemingly as the top quarterback in camp.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/qb-race-how-unt-got-to-where-it-is-and-what-we-knowhave-heard-about-each-guy.html/?__hstc=167814078.f00461964b7cfefa50ee0c67a9a26e55.1376753247653.1376860235363.1376863445079.9&__hssc=167814078.1.1376863445079