Anybody seen this shirt in Denton...you're going to now!

Harry

Any other option than #3?

If nothing has changed, 3 will be the only option, and will remain the only option until they sell out of 3 jerseys.

Hopefully, something has changed, but I have no idea if Barnes and Noble is running the temporary store or not.

If not, I wouldn't count on anything changing.

I didn't want a #5 or a #7 two years ago, which is all they sold at Apogee. So I got a #35 through the Internet. It's falling apart because those things were cheap as heck. Need a replacement and sorry but I don't want a jersey of someone who's sole selling point is "potential". That's all Chancellor has shown. It's unpopular, but for me that's an honest assesment of him.

Trust me, I'm not holding my breath that they are going to give me options. Don't know why I am surprised they fudged up the # to sell again. I would think we'll eventually get to customize online like in the past when they get posted on meangreengear.com for sale.

If nothing has changed, 3 will be the only option, and will remain the only option until they sell out of 3 jerseys.

Hopefully, something has changed, but I have no idea if Barnes and Noble is running the temporary store or not.

If not, I wouldn't count on anything changing.

Yeah, B&R is running any permutation of the the bookstore for the next decade. Hence, why there's B&R stuff labeled everywhere on that structure.

Interesting to see what changes, if any, are made in the selection of athletic apparel.

Here's a recap from my visit:

Ton of brand new UNT Nike apparel. A TON of different designs and varieties. Way better hat selection too.

It's really excellent. They have so much new apparel that's really cool and, like I said, all NT. Not generic or that ugly off brand cheap stuff the old store used to sell. I think our apparel has finally turned the corner. Told everyone that B&N would be huge but everyone blew me off.

Furthermore, I CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE COMPLAINING OVER THE NIKE REPLICAS.

I mean...holy shit. We finally have real deal replica jerseys for an incredibly explosive player who did great last year but fell victim to injury...and you're complaining? Who'd you want? Derek? Orr, maybe, but unless you're JJ Watt, defense doesn't sell massive amounts of jerseys.

When people see Chancellor streaking down the field, that's who they want.

But, for real, it's a bigger deal that y'all think...it's replica Nike jerseys. Not the cheap crummy ones...Nike ones that mirror our real jerseys. Personally, I think that's huge because they look so high quality, make us look big time and were probably expensive to manufacture. They look better than the ones the players wear. It's huge...most schools at our level just have the OT style ones...not the real deal Nike replicas.

Stop complaining...this is huge and I bet they'll sell a lot. Got a lot of responses to my tweet about them.

I'm going to buy one sometime next week.

Yes, #3 is all that's there because 3 and 35 are the only big name stars we have. Chancellor is a badass. I was surprised no DT, but I take that as a good sign the AD probably told them not to mass product a backup QB's jersey.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

Ton of brand new UNT Nike apparel. A TON of different designs and varieties. Way better hat selection too.

It's really excellent. They have so much new apparel that's really cool and, like I said, all NT. Not generic or that ugly off brand cheap stuff the old store used to sell. I think our apparel has finally turned the corner. Told everyone that B&N would be huge but everyone blew me off.

I mean...holy shit. We finally have real deal replica jerseys for an incredibly explosive player who did great last year but fell victim to injury...and you're complaining? Who'd you want? Derek? Orr, maybe, but unless you're JJ Watt, defense doesn't sell massive amounts of jerseys.

But, for real, it's a bigger deal that y'all think...it's replica Nike jerseys. Not the cheap crummy ones...Nike ones that mirror our real jerseys. Personally, I think that's huge because they look so high quality, make us look big time and were probably expensive to manufacture. They look better than the ones the players wear. It's huge...most schools at our level just have the OT style ones...not the real deal Nike replicas.

Stop complaining...this is huge and I bet they'll sell a lot. Got a lot of responses to my tweet about them.

Yes, #3 is all that's there because 3 and 35 are the only big name stars we have. Chancellor is a badass. I was surprised no DT, but I take that as a good sign the AD probably told them not to mass product a backup QB's jersey.

I don't think you understand my complaint.

I asked the old book store why they didn't have TM jerseys for sale. They finally told me they had to sell out of the outdated Tristan Thompson jerseys before they would order any new jerseys after a huge runaround. They seemed to not have any idea who Mitchell was and that his jersey would move much faster than a number worn by a backup point guard who was transferring. Of course, they didn't get the very cheaply made Mitchell jersey in until February of this year, when UNT and Mitchell were in the middle of a desperately disappointing season, thus completely missing the demand window. Typical UNT.

If the old regime was running the book store, I have NO DOUBT things would be the same and we would only have cheaply made #7 jerseys for sale.

Good news to hear that B&N has stepped in and, hopefully, stepped up the quality and selection of apparel. Like anything UNT these days, I'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

Edited by UNT90

Numbers shouldn't matter...those players are here for a few years...buy the good looking jerseys no matter the number....although...: do like that it is a prime number

...I had no idea that 3 is chancellor's...and I don't care...I want a good looking jersey to enjoy...number be damned!!!

• Upvote 1

I don't think you understand my complaint.

I asked the old book store why they didn't have TM jerseys for sale. They finally told me they had to sell out of the outdated Tristan Thompson jerseys before they would order any new jerseys after a huge runaround. They seemed to not have any idea who Mitchell was and that his jersey would move much faster than a number worn by a backup point guard who was transferring. Of course, they didn't get the very cheaply made Mitchell jersey in until February of this year, when UNT and Mitchell were in the middle of a desperately disappointing season, thus completely missing the demand window. Typical UNT.

If the old regime was running the book store, I have NO DOUBT things would be the same and we would only have cheaply made #7 jerseys for sale.

Good news to hear that B&N has stepped in and, hopefully, stepped up the quality and selection of apparel. Like anything UNT these days, I'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

I was referring to the guy complaining that they were Chancellor jerseys, sorry.

And, yeah, the regime that ran the bookstore was awful. Likely why administration dumped them.

On a merch related note, has anyone ever seen or purchased a UNT fitted cap? I happened to see some in the Union Book Store right before they closed to move to their temporary facilities, and they had a couple of really great designs. I have a huge battering ram of a head, so none of the ones on hand came close to fitting me. I noted the manufacturer of both (New Era, in their 59/50 line), and hopped online to see if I could buy one.

Short answer: yes, but not exactly what I want. http://shop.neweracap.com/style/59FIFTY-NCAA-2-Tone-Graphite-and-Team-Color/20326110

The design I hope to find in a size 8 is the all green fitted cap with the logo. That was exactly what I've been looking for and, of course, no mas on the sizing.

I plan on visiting the bookstore's new temporary facilities tomorrow to check out the cap selection that MeanGreener mentions above. I've been looking for a UNT fitted cap for years and never found one, so I hope that my sasquatch sighting turns out to be a thing and not a one time run that I missed out on.

On a merch related note, has anyone ever seen or purchased a UNT fitted cap? I happened to see some in the Union Book Store right before they closed to move to their temporary facilities, and they had a couple of really great designs. I have a huge battering ram of a head, so none of the ones on hand came close to fitting me. I noted the manufacturer of both (New Era, in their 59/50 line), and hopped online to see if I could buy one.

Short answer: yes, but not exactly what I want. http://shop.neweracap.com/style/59FIFTY-NCAA-2-Tone-Graphite-and-Team-Color/20326110

The design I hope to find in a size 8 is the all green fitted cap with the logo. That was exactly what I've been looking for and, of course, no mas on the sizing.

I plan on visiting the bookstore's new temporary facilities tomorrow to check out the cap selection that MeanGreener mentions above. I've been looking for a UNT fitted cap for years and never found one, so I hope that my sasquatch sighting turns out to be a thing and not a one time run that I missed out on.

I wear a very stretched out 47 brand XL or a XXL, and a 7 7/8 in New Era. So, I feel your pain. There are getting even better stuff next week (at least I was told). Try out the 47 brand, they could be work. Plus they are cotton, breath well, and last a long time.

• Upvote 1

Numbers shouldn't matter...those players are here for a few years...buy the good looking jerseys no matter the number....although...: do like that it is a prime number

...I had no idea that 3 is chancellor's...and I don't care...I want a good looking jersey to enjoy...number be damned!!!

Dang Straight! My wife thought it was funny that I was so excited about the new jerseys. She is a UNT alum but never really was into football jersey sales. I had to explain how horrible the selection has been (if we can even what we had in the past a selection). The jersey should be a good purchase as long as we do not change uniforms again.

I wear a very stretched out 47 brand XL or a XXL, and a 7 7/8 in New Era. So, I feel your pain. There are getting even better stuff next week (at least I was told). Try out the 47 brand, they could be work. Plus they are cotton, breath well, and last a long time.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for new caps.

Dang Straight! My wife thought it was funny that I was so excited about the new jerseys. She is a UNT alum but never really was into football jersey sales. I had to explain how horrible the selection has been (if we can even what we had in the past a selection). The jersey should be a good purchase as long as we do not change uniforms again.

I'm all over it! So excited to make one mine

What the athletic dept needs to do (among many things) is give a 50% discount on a MG shirt when you buy season tickets...you get more people in green, makes season tickets more attractive and sell some of those overpriced shirts.