Means verbally commits to North Texas’ football program

Harry

Recently, he achieved perhaps his loftiest goal and that was to one day play collegiate football. If all goes according to his objectives, he’ll be doing it at the University of North Texas in Denton, the football program he has verbally agreed to play for starting next season.

Now the next step is to patiently wait for Feb. 5, the first day recruits in the class of 2014 can sign national letter of intents.

His father, Deer Park High School head basketball coach Louie Means, says his son is scheduled to graduate in December, opening the door for him to report early enough to the Mean Green so that he can participate in spring drills, a rarity for a high school athlete to do that.

“It all began in the beginning of spring maybe a little before that. I went up to a Junior Day there. Coach (Mike) Canales, the offensive coordinator, saw my tape and said they’d keep in touch. Spring ball started and they came down and watched me and I had a good day. They said, we’d keep in touch so we kept talking over and over and over again. All that time, coach Canales and I had built a relationship. I had other schools offer me but our relationship was stronger than anything else. So I just felt comfortable making my decision to go play ball there,” Connor Means said Monday, following the opening day to fall workouts.

Read more: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer_park/sports/means-verbally-commits-to-north-texas-football-program/article_a94f9ce4-021a-5ccd-a179-3ce6ce7be859.html

I had other schools offer me but our relationship was stronger than anything else. So I just felt comfortable making my decision to go play ball there,” Connor Means said Monday, following the opening day to fall workouts...