Throwback Uniforms

trey3white

But a lime green worm was used on apparel and various other things.

It wouldn't make much sense to use the shade of green from a different era on the logo.

That'd be like complaining that the new Astros logo has a blue star when on an orange backdrop.

i agree with not using the dark green for the worm...i was just saying.

This athletic department has a lot of nerve using two different shades of green on these throwbacks. I mean why do anything if your going to upset these so-called fans on GMG.com.

I like the nice crisp clean jersey. The helmet looks kick a$$ as well. Thank you to our athletic department for doing this and I APPRECIATE your efforts and more importantly lets ensure these uniforms retire undefeated!

Could not agree more. Well said smoothfresh!

• Upvote 3

The Athlitic Department was not going to please every one. Not a fan of the helmet. Think the entire uniform should have been the Green we use now. And the Helmet Green with a white Flying Worm logo, but it's only one game.

The Athlitic Department was not going to please every one. Not a fan of the helmet. Think the entire uniform should have been the Green we use now. And the Helmet Green with a white Flying Worm logo, but it's only one game.

I'd think they'd wear these a few times this year, considering the cash they had to drop to get them designed/produced. At least I hope they do!

Edited by Got5onIt

Exactly what I was thinking, GreenBat. I'd like to have seen them match the jersey color with the helmet, with the white flying worm.

What????.......Wait!??........Whoa! We are close to agreement on something!

Edited by DeepGreen

Cyril's a nice guy. And by the way, Coach's nickname for him is Lemon Lime.

Iy5OY0Q.jpg

The run-down on the Eras represented.

Helmet - Hayden Fry Era

Jersey - Joe Greene Era

Pants - Abner Haynes Era

Color Scheme - Darrell Dickey Era

And for the fashion police, if you look close enough, the color of the jersey/pant stripe matches the outline of the flying worm.

It works, IMO.

Like the look but Iwas hoping to buy a lime green jersey.

This is the real issue, whether you like the design or not. If they go try to sell these "throwback jerseys", we will have people running around at future games with the dark green instead of the kelly green shade they are trying to standardize on. I don't necessarily like what they did, but I don't care what they do with these really, its prob just one game. My disappointment is I won't buy one of these jerseys because its not the color I would want to wear to other games

I'd think they'd wear these a few times this year, considering the cash they had to drop to get them designed/produced. At least I hope they do!

Nope. RV has said they are auctioning them off after the game. One time wear for this uniform.

• Upvote 1

These are great looking. Way better than what we roll out on a normal week. I am not a fan of the white helmet, but it's so much better than the name on the helmet.

KEEP EM around with a few couple of changes moving forward. Just don't go back to what we have.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They are throwback, I don't give a rats behind what they look like as long as we get a win. I don't watch the games to see the uniforms. This is football people, not some kind of designer competition. Besides, I bet you will be liking them after we BEAT Idaho.

At least they don't look as bad as Marylands.

] image.jpg

Winning is the most important thing, absolutely. But don't take lightly how big a recruiting tool jerseys have become.

this is an observation not a complaint...I like that NT at least tried to do this...but

really!?!....only NT could "f" up a throwback uniform.

neck down this looks outstanding!

Question:

How hard is it to to...

1) look at an old photo and

2) replicate it

Just pick "one" between the

1) classic & cool 1960's &

2) funky & cool 1970's apple green

BTW...both the 60's white helmet & 70's applegreen helmet had a grey face mask. This crazy "Helmet That Never Was" looks a little silly on this terrific throwback jersey & pant.

just my observations...

3XL

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1