Questions for GMG.com pod with RV

Harry

Will the Idaho, Georgia, or the MTSU game get picked up for broadcast?

Will our throwback's be worn at other home games? And, when do we get to see them?

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3

• Baseball?
  • Is there a minimum number of wins for Mac this year?
  • Is there a minimum number or wins/goal for Benford?
  • Softball coach?
  • Ever going to get that center court for tennis, arguably our best team?
  • High school games at Apogee this year again? How many? Playoffs?
  • Can we get a definite number of season ticket and MGC members? How does that compare to last year?
  • 2014 football schedule? 6 home games, right?
  • 2015? Tennessee and Iowa still?

Good stuff here...

Harry,

See if he has talked to the other TX school AD's about some kind of rivalry trophy like the thread we bantered about a few weeks ago ('Come & Take It' Flag) Maybe they have other ideas...

• Upvote 3

How delightful you get to touch base!

Though it's awkward to ask face-to-face...

Put RV on alert-

I could use a fresh shirt.

Can I get one at Scott Monarch's place?

Probably doesn't have one your size.

• Upvote 1

If our winning percentage does not go up past 50 percent in football and basketball will RV step down?

I for one am tired of losing

I do mean this season.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 5

If our winning percentage does not go up past 50 percent in football and basketball will RV step down?

I do mean this season.

Well...there's one that won't be asked! Ha!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well...there's one that won't be asked! Ha!

I don't see why not if we don't have a winning season in football this year it will be a full decade straight of losing seasons. I think that is a record. And after this basketball debacle last season I would have figured RV would have already stepped down out of sheer embarrassment or been fired. He is about to give Jerry a run for his money on who can be more worthless, RV hiring coaches or Jerry as the GM of the Cowboys?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I did a little research we did in fact set a new school record for losing seasons in a row last year. The previous record was 7 seasons (1995-2001)we are now at 8 losing years in a row if my math is correct. I think RV should put his money where his mouth is.

http://website.informer.com/visit?domain=cfbdatawarehouse.com

We should expect better

• Upvote 6

I did a little research we did in fact set a new school record for losing seasons in a row last year. The previous record was 7 seasons (1995-2001)we are now at 8 losing years in a row if my math is correct. I think RV should put his money where his mouth is.

http://website.informer.com/visit?domain=cfbdatawarehouse.com

We should expect better

The retort to supporters who grouse

And hope to see Rick on the outs?

Though we lose when we play

It's still somehow okay

Since we suck in a fancy new house.

I do mean this season.

I know you have been away from the board for a while and may not have heard. RV was given a big, fat 5 year extension about 3 weeks ago. 9-0 vote by the BOR.

No joke.

Well, actually, it's a joke, just not the haha kind.

• Upvote 2

Speaking of records, the school over off Mockingbird Lane in Dallas has only had 14 above .500 seasons since 1960. So UNT does not have a corner on the market in too few winning seasons. I think we all have in common that we want this for our school to change very soon, though, and just like Bill Snyder's Kansas State U turned their 50 years of mostly losing into winning I think we all believe our school is on the eve of doing the same.

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/teams/smu.shtml

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Oh, UNT fanbase. I do love you so. Just dug up and read through this In reading this, I think two things have happened:

1) More fans have indeed started to actually demand some standards around this joint.

2) The uphill climb has been slower than desired, but we really are in much, much better shape than we were (basketball notwithstanding). Although that's not to say that there isn't more (much more) improvement to be expected and demanded.