Air Force QB escapes Penalty

mgsteve

"Northwestern targeted Harridge, taunting him and hitting him hard on every tackle. Harridge's frustration boiled over when Marvin Ward stripped him of the ball with 6 minutes, 20 seconds left in the third quarter. He got up and swung at linebacker John Pickens". sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Oh the poor poor baby. They actually hit him hard on EVERY play. I hope he is ok.

Seriously though, What a pu$$y. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

GMG!!!

Harridge is a wuss!!!

Edited by Eagle-96

1. A COACH from NW ran out onto the field, eyewitness reports from the game and those who saw a replay clip of the video during the nightly news say he was out at the numbers, almost out to the hash marks. There is absolutely NO REASON a COACH should be out that far on the field.

2. Same video (which I have not seen, but others have and are all saying the same thing): COACH apparently threw an elbow in our QB's chin.

3. Same video also shows that our QB did NOT take a swing, but rather gave a push.

http://insiders3.ezboard.com/fairforcefrm1...icID=1467.topic

Pushing goes on all the time at football games and you don't see those players getting thrown out for fighting. I am in no way condoning Harridge's reaction, and in fact if you go visit our board you'll see that most of us were very quick to crucify him. Yes, Harridge was provoked, but that doesn't make his actions any more justified. We all know he's a hothead. A quote in yesterday's RMN from DeBerry said, if you read between the lines "He will not get another personal foul this season", that if something like this happenes again, DeBErry will sit his butt on the bench for the rest of the season, no ifs ands or buts.

http://insiders3.ezboard.com/fairforcefrm1...icID=1447.topic

Having said all that, I hope DeBerry sits him out for the game to make a point.

Either way, this should be a hard-fought game on both sides, and I wish I was there to see it! Good luck and I pray for an injury-free game!

GO FALCONS!

What a sad state our service acadamies are in. Cheating scandals, sex abuse scandals, what's next?

I know that this incident isnt in the same ballpark, football games and throwing a punches are much, much less serious then the scandals that have rocked the service acadamies. But when when a cadet misbehaved there was a time when the service academies found it more important to teach him a lesson rather than play him in a football game.

Forget about the hypocracy of NCAA athletics and just focus on the hypocracy of the USAFA! Used to be a time when the service acadamies stood for something. These young people are supposed to be the best our nation has to offer, the future leaders of our nation. When a cadet acts inappropriately no matter what the provication, and especially in such a public manner, there should be some consequences. I don't care if he was provoked, cadets behavoir should be held to a higher standard, instead the Acadamey chooses to make excuses for it.

WHAT A JOKE? This really lessens my opinion of the USAFA.

First off I wish you luck on your upcoming game with Air Force and I hope your visit to Colorado Springs is a pleasant one.

Lt Mandy has expressed the sentiments of most Air Force followers here as read at the Air Force Insiders Board. Well done.

That said, I'd like to attempt to allay some farfetched misconceptions posted by the two morons below. I also realize they do not speak for the majority of Mean Green backers. But allow me to correct their poor spelling and grammar. Not "kinda"--kind of. Not "excusses"--excuses. I before E except after C. Received not "recieved." Academies not "Acadamies." Read The Rivals by Sheridan you closely mirror a character in his satire on English society in the early 19th Century. But he knew what he wrote unlike you. "Isnt" requires an apostrophe. "When when"; I suggest using only one. "Hypocracy" is actually hypocrisy. Nice try though. "Provication" is spelled provocation. "Throwing a punches." Enough said here. "Behavoir" is corrected to behavior. Sorry I just could not resist.

Now to address the alleged "cheating scandals and sex abuse scandals." There have been no "cheating scandals." Cadets adopt an honor code during basic cadet training to "not lie, cheat, steal nor tolerate anyone among us who does." If a cadet is discovered violating this code he or she is brought before an honor board comprised of his or her peers. If found guilty, the cadet may be asked to resign from school. When was the last time a student from UNT resigned from school due to an honor violation? If the cadet is new to the code or simply made a mistake with no intent to violate the code they may be placed on honor probation for a specified amount of time--usually six months during which the cadet holds no rank, cannot represent the Academy in any capacity, and cannot leave the Academy grounds except during major holidays.

The Honor Code is a minumum standard easily achievable which becomes internalized over the course of four years and expanded upon during a career.

As for the "sex abuse scandal" I suggest you read the papers then talk to those close to the situation. In my arrogant opinion the alleged rapes mirror society and college life at most civilian universities. However, the Air Force, the Academy, and its leadership will do its utmost to clean house and correct any flaws uncovered as we are accountable to the American public. People like this do not deserve to serve our country.

As for Harridge's misbehavior, I believe he was ejected from the game for misconduct and not fighting. Seems to me there he was punished for his transgression as a player and not as a cadet. Having a nephew on the team, I can promise you Chance received a stern warning from Coach DeBerry.

Now the side of Chance you didn't read about in the paper. I have two young sons who often watch practice with me. On several occasions Chance has given them his helmet to wear. He is as humble as he is explosive. Frankly having flown fighters for 25 years I'd rather have someone with his personality than a meely-mouthed yesman. He will make a fine officer and I will be proud to serve with him in the future.

Cadets are held to higher standard than the average college student. Moreover they are even held to a higher standard than some of our past executives occupying the White House. You are getting your money's worth on graduation day and should be proud of each and every one of them. When was the last time you observed an enemy fighter flying over your neighborhood? Ask Saddam if our Air Force is any good. Check 6 and good luck on Saturday.

"I'm kinda glad they are letting Harridge play. I don't want to hear any excusses as to why the Mean

Green recieved a "W" in Colorado Springs on Saturday."

"What a sad state our service acadamies are in. Cheating scandals, sex abuse scandals, what's next?

I know that this incident isnt in the same ballpark, football games and throwing a punches are much,

much less serious then the scandals that have rocked the service acadamies. But when when a cadet

misbehaved there was a time when the service academies found it more important to teach him a lesson

rather than play him in a football game.

"Forget about the hypocracy of NCAA athletics and just focus on the hypocracy of the USAFA! Used to be

a time when the service acadamies stood for something. These young people are supposed to be the

best our nation has to offer, the future leaders of our nation. When a cadet acts inappropriately no

matter what the provication, and especially in such a public manner, there should be some consequences.

I don't care if he was provoked, cadets behavoir should be held to a higher standard, instead the

Acadamey chooses to make excuses for it."

That said, I'd like to attempt to allay some farfetched misconceptions posted by the two morons below.  I also realize they do not speak for the majority of Mean Green backers.  But allow me to correct their poor spelling and grammar.  Not "kinda"--kind of.  Not "excusses"--excuses.  I before E except after C.  Received not "recieved."  Academies not "Acadamies."  Read The Rivals by Sheridan you closely mirror a character in his satire on English society in the early 19th Century.  But he knew what he wrote unlike you.  "Isnt" requires an apostrophe.  "When when"; I suggest using only one.  "Hypocracy" is actually hypocrisy.  Nice try though.  "Provication" is spelled provocation.  "Throwing a punches."  Enough said here.  "Behavoir" is corrected to behavior.  Sorry I just could not resist.

I am enlightened. If someone wants to write "kinda"......let them. Spelling something out phonetically is just fine on a football message board. As for the other things you mentioned, you are gonna (yes I realize it is "going to") have to deal with that stuff on an internet message board. I do see why you had to say something though. I have a pet peeve of when people are worried we might "loose" the game. Somehow I manage to restrain myself.

Glad to have you on gmg.com

I've been reading posts on the AF board and their folks are more upset with that kid's behavior than we are. And from what I've read in news reports, not bbs', the NU coach swung an elbow at him and all the kid did was shove the coach back. The kid was ejected, and that sounds about right. The NU coach should have been banned from the sideline, but I don't think NCAA rules allow that.

I think this is going to be a great yardstick game for UNT. North Texas isn't near an OU yet and we've proven to be better than the Baylor's of the world. This game ought to be a good showing of where we fall in the middle.

Lastly, F16Jock, I hope you can forgive some confusion that the "i before e" thing. Hell, Einstein got it wrong twice in his name!

F16Jock, you don't have to explain it to us, we understand and deep down all of us are proud of you guys and what you stand for. We know who's on the front line giving us the freedom to have what we have today. Coach Dickey said during his show tonight how much of an uphill climb we have this saturday because Coach Deberry already has a very disciplined group to work with and takes that to another level with his difficult system he runs. You would have to have lived under a rock to not realize the extreme high standards our cadets are held to. Thanks for coming onto the board and sharing your thoughts with us.

Rick

Guest JohnDenver

... farfetched misconceptions ...

But allow me to correct their poor spelling and grammar. 

The Honor Code is a minumum ...

... his personality than a meely-mouthed yesman.

Farfetched isn't one word. It is hyphenated.

Minumum is actually minimum.

Meely-mouthed, you got the hyphen correct, but mealy is misspelled. This time you missed the hyphen on yes-men.

I guess we aren't all perfect.

It is fairly lame to come on a BBS and correct spelling, especially if you misspell words too.

ph34r.gif

Spoken like true officer. I “disliked” officers in the Navy, and anyone above the rank of O2 was especially a brown nosing, politician. I also understand codes of conduct, but they are worth only as much as the people who adhere to them. There are a great many former military personnel on this board. Every last one of them would go through it again if the country came to call. I am one of them.

I completely “dislike” the attitude of so-called superiors such as you. Superior always implied that I was inferior. I really “disliked” that. But I digress.

The academies have become a training ground for PC, and elitism. The elitism portion is nothing new, but to be so pompous in defense of a bunch of dorks and dweebs who wrote to their congressman in the hopes that they might, one day, get to boss around a lesser or two? Well, that just strikes me as sad.

I know that there are a lot of cadets who honestly want to learn to fly on Uncle Sam’s dime. Who could blame them? But I’d take an Aggie officer over any academy grad. Chances are that he’s been around the block a few times, been in a few compromising positions, drank one too many Shiner Bock’s in Dudley’s, or been in a few barroom brawls. He would be the guy I would trust with my life…every time.

To end my rant, I hope we all have a good game; nobody gets hurt, and the Mean Green win. After that, thanks for flying and defending me overseas, if you have indeed been there recently. (No doubt that the chances are high). Maybe we’ll see you in the private sector someday, picketing alongside your AA brethren.

Edited by Pierow 2

Guest JohnDenver

Agreed. He snide comment is only trolling for responses. Somehow I gather that he is a pragmatic fundie.

The current executive in the White House:

* Avoided the draft.

* Hates affirmative action, but only got into his Ivy League school based on the class affirmative action (Bush senior was alumni) and not his C grade point average.

* Flunked the pilot tests and was passed on "social promotion."

* Skipped out on reporting to duty for the National Guard.

* Is credited for "owning" the Texas Rangers. He owned 1% and was a figurehead for the real owners. His name was used to get funding for the Ballpark in Arlington, which the poor city residents are still paying a 1% tax. * He raised millions in capitol venture money from his father's friends in Texas to drill for oil in west Texas, but only finds water in the wells. Somehow he bankrupts the company, but still profits at the expense of investors.

These are just the standards to which he was held. Not even counting my opinion on his politics smile.gif Making such a snide comment out the White House is trolling for responses. I gather this pilot is pretty pragmatic.

I, too, am biting my tongue on the honorable dubya. blink.gifc