What do you think of "The Nest"?

JesseMartin

So I was wondering, per our new social media coach/consultant's post, what do you guys think of nicknaming Apogee "The Nest"? I know, it seems almost backwards since we finally got the Eagles to be officially nicknamed Mean Green, but I think it sounds cool.

Apogee is a decent name already, as it's intended as a sort of apex or high point, but "The Nest" does personalize it a bit. And let's be honest here, it's not like we aren't used to the idea of having multiple names for something at our school. Or maybe Apogee is the stadium, and The Nest is the atmosphere, if you want to be particular about it, whatever. Anyway, what do you think? Roll with it, or wait to see if it catches on through social media first, or...?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think the origin of the post had it best...if we have distanced from "Eagles", then a nickname of "The Nest" appears to be a step back , in my opinion.

I tend to think things like "Les Habitants" and the the white elephant logo in use by the Oakland A's, both hailing to much earlier times, are pretty cool. I know there are others, but I'm at a loss.

As for calling the stadium "The Nest," meh. Let's keep campus tradition and call it Super Fouts instead. But let's stop short at calling the North Texas Model A the "Super Dodge."

• Upvote 2

So I was wondering, per our new social media coach/consultant's post, what do you guys think of nicknaming Apogee "The Nest"? I know, it seems almost backwards since we finally got the Eagles to be officially nicknamed Mean Green, but I think it sounds cool.

Apogee is a decent name already, as it's intended as a sort of apex or high point, but "The Nest" does personalize it a bit. And let's be honest here, it's not like we aren't used to the idea of having multiple names for something at our school. Or maybe Apogee is the stadium, and The Nest is the atmosphere, if you want to be particular about it, whatever. Anyway, what do you think? Roll with it, or wait to see if it catches o

in through social media first, or...?

I LOVE it. I thought we tried naming something at Fouts as the Nest, but it probably didn't catch on in the first year so we scrapped it.

That might be a good name for the student section. But I think most of us are pretty settled into calling the stadium as a whole Apogee, and considering the funds ponied up by Apogee for that right, I plan to respect that and keep calling it Apogee.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Or we could call the students the village people! Because, you know, we play in Mean Green Village. Intimidation factor would be at an all time high on nickname alone!

Aha. I missed one.

Apogee Stadium at [Odus Mitchell Field] at The Nest near The Hill within the Mean Green Village at Eagle Point protected by three wind turbines and a middle finger to 35W by way of a fracking rig.

There.

Edited by Christopher Walker

Former Norrth Texas coach Dennis Parker tried to create a tradition at NT called the nest. His plan was to build a large "nest" out of lumber on the lawn on the south end of Fouts and every time North Texas defeated a team we were not supposed to beat and "eagle egg" was to be placed in the nest. He said that each year's team could then boast as to how many eggs they had placed in the nest. And that's the last I ever heard of it.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

Former Norrth Texas coach Dennis Parker tried to create a tradition at NT called the nest. His plan was to build a large "nest" out of lumber on the lawn on the south end of Fouts and every time North Texas defeated a team we were not supposed to beat and "eagle egg" was to be placed in the nest. He said that each year's team could then boast as to how many eggs they had placed in the nest. And that's the last I ever heard of it.

GO MEAN GREEN

I mean, unless this happens at the end of said season....

gameofthrones_s1finale_danydragon.jpg

You know.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

GO MEAN GREEN

Dennis Parker. The OTHER buster H.S. coach we tried?