Tag your UNT Tailgate Territory

UNT 90 Grad

Prayers to Mrs. Thor. I hope recovery is going well.

thanks...all is well so far...

You sir have a gracious wife.

well, she was knocked up with some good pain meds and didn't realize there was a game thursday when she scheduled it...i'll keep her

• Upvote 2

• Harry pinned this topic

I somehow messed up the original name trying to post my spot from my laptop because I couldn't figure it out from my iPad. I tried to rename it, but couldn't remember what it was originally called.

Sorry to screw everything up...

don't worry brother, I'll set up where I want to when I arrive. You should do the same. Last time I looked, this board didn't own the tailgate area. That said, if you want to tell your buddies where you set up once you are set up, knock yourself out! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

don't worry brother, I'll set up where I want to when I arrive. You should do the same. Last time I looked, this board didn't own the tailgate area. That said, if you want to tell your buddies where you set up once you are set up, knock yourself out! 

I think you missed the point.  This map was intended for sharing where folks usually tailgate if they want to share where they usually tailgate.  It's not some sort of reservation system.  That said, I hope @BIG DAWG hasn't been worried about this over the past TWO YEARS until you replied to his post.  From what I can tell, everything is still working just fine for what it was intended.  I definitely wouldn't classify everything as screwed up.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I learned I've been bumped down from the Black Lot back to the Red/Blue lot.  (Disproving a saying that we often hear.)  I'm looking forward to rejoining forces with @THOR and others.  I've updated my spot on the map. Also, I noticed that Google has changed some things around, so I've updated the instructions at the beginning of this thread.  It's now easier than ever to add your tailgating spot to the map!  Go Mean Green!

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grant.UNT said:

@THOR make sure you save us a spot. I'm bringing the wife and kid to every game this year. What's with your creepy caption on the map, bro!?

Glad to have yall back...the group has grown...get there early...

As for the caption, I have no idea what you're talking about

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Thank you. I tagged the map in one of the unoccupied corners over next to I believe @Tyler Maryak 

Thank you you tagged me, Ben. I'll surrender my spot, if anyone wants it. I liked that spot a lot, but I'll be roaming in gear again this year.

Also, I'll sell my North Texas tent for like $50, if anyone wants it. minor damage from getting blown over that first UTSA game (bad memories), but still completely functional. I just won't have space for it where I'm moving.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Thank you you tagged me, Ben. I'll surrender my spot, if anyone wants it. I liked that spot a lot, but I'll be roaming in gear again this year.

Also, I'll sell my North Texas tent for like $50, if anyone wants it. minor damage from getting blown over that first UTSA game (bad memories), but still completely functional. I just won't have space for it where I'm moving.

Are you in Denton? If the tent isn't too damaged I'll take it. 

And what's roaming in gear? 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2

Hey! I've been holding onto this info so as not to undercut my wife who now leads the Alumni Association's social media presence, but there are some changes coming to the Alumni Pavilion this year.

Live Music: various Denton bands will be entertaining every game. This Saturday will be Raised Right Men, the Country cover act with some in-town heavy hitters in the local music scene.

Catering: I believe full catering will be provided by Verde all season.

New Alcohol: Gone, gone are the days of Metzler's and their namesake's iffy attitude, and The Bearded Monk is in! All season long!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Harry unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

I'm a student who usually pregames on Fry Street or at Eastside.  I feel like the tailgate scene is gonna be pretty special tomorrow.  Who has a tailgate that is friendly to allowing some outsiders to hangout and talk about the best damn football team in the great state of Texas?  We will bring our own booze, lots of energy and the party.

6 hours ago, NorthTexpert said:

I'm a student who usually pregames on Fry Street or at Eastside.  I feel like the tailgate scene is gonna be pretty special tomorrow.  Who has a tailgate that is friendly to allowing some outsiders to hangout and talk about the best damn football team in the great state of Texas?  We will bring our own booze, lots of energy and the party.

Always welcome to join us at Tony's Tailgate!  @KingDL1

• Harry unpinned this topic
  • Harry pinned and featured this topic