Tag your UNT Tailgate Territory

UNT 90 Grad

I wish there was more parking closer to the stadium for tailgating. Fouts had the perfect setup for tailgating.. Apogee needs some work still

For one who was so in favor of the basketball coach, a little odd hearing you complain that Apogee (which is an incredible set up for college football and quite possibly one of Texas's best kept and unknown secrets) needs tailgating work? wow.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 3

So I haven't been too involved with the tailgating scene the last 10 years. Anyone up for organizing something or wouldn't mind letting me crash theirs with some good Ft. Worth beer?

You're absolutely welcome to join us. look at the map. it is Thor, me, and UNT90GRAD together. good times had by all.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I didn't mess up anything! My spot is marked now. This is an awesome idea!!!

I had to go to Google Chrome...I for some reason couldn't get it to work through Internet Explorer from my laptop.

Lately internet explorer has been a mess ... locking up etc... at least where I am. lots of people say the same.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's up, guys! I'm a UNT tailgating newbie. I'm in my second semester at UNT. I'll be tailgating for the first time out here at UTSA vs UNT game. I'm so psyched about this game - it's my two schools knockin' heads. I'm a proud UTSA alum, but I really love studying graphic design at UNT.

I have some basic tailgating questions:

- Where are the best places to pull up, pay for parking, and set up my tailgate?

- The Hill - do I need to rent a spot to tailgate there? or can you just go plant yourself for free?

- What about the parking lot next to the Hill, can I pay for a spot and set up my tent there to tailgate?

- Im assuming I can also tailgate in the Fouts Field parking lot, too, correct?

- What about alcohol? My tailgates aren't filled with alcohol, but I'd like to know if we're allowed to have glass or cans, etc.

Thanks for any help on this. I'm pumped for this game! Don't overlook UTSA

FYI, I'm also the co-owner and publisher for Insiderunnersports.com, the official FoxSportsNext.com affilate for UTSA. So I like to talk football and basketball and baseball... and well sports! haha

• Upvote 1

What's up, guys! I'm a UNT tailgating newbie. I'm in my second semester at UNT. I'll be tailgating for the first time out here at UTSA vs UNT game. I'm so psyched about this game - it's my two schools knockin' heads. I'm a proud UTSA alum, but I really love studying graphic design at UNT.

I have some basic tailgating questions:

- Where are the best places to pull up, pay for parking, and set up my tailgate?

- The Hill - do I need to rent a spot to tailgate there? or can you just go plant yourself for free?

- What about the parking lot next to the Hill, can I pay for a spot and set up my tent there to tailgate?

- Im assuming I can also tailgate in the Fouts Field parking lot, too, correct?

- What about alcohol? My tailgates aren't filled with alcohol, but I'd like to know if we're allowed to have glass or cans, etc.

Thanks for any help on this. I'm pumped for this game! Don't overlook UTSA

FYI, I'm also the co-owner and publisher for Insiderunnersports.com, the official FoxSportsNext.com affilate for UTSA. So I like to talk football and basketball and baseball... and well sports! haha

Welcome aboard MeanGreenRoadrunner. Use this map as it will help give you an idea of the layout:

Our tailgaters welcome opposing team fans with open arms so feel free to visit the ones pinned on the map. I hang out at Tony's tailgate but there are many other great ones.

On the parking question it will depend on what type of parking pass you can get. I personally like Red because it is nearby our tailgate area but green is close too. Typically you can only get parking passes if you are a season ticket holder but I would contact 1-800 UNT-2366 to see what you can arrange. On the Hill there is not a lot of opportunity to pull up your car and tailgate but there are many who do that in the Red Victory and Green lots.

You can take whatever spot is available and call it your own. The shade tree areas get taken earlier and the fraternity and sororities take up a lot of the higher parts of the Hill. To answer your question if you get there early you will have plenty of good spots to choose from.

For those who don't have parking passes your best bet is to park across the highway at Fouts and walk across the pedestrian bridge. The good thing about Fouts is it is easy to tailgate out of your car. There is a drop off place on the 35E North feeder lane at the very top of the Hill and you can leave your coolers etc there, park over at Fouts for 10 bucks and walk back across to get your stuff and pick out a tailgate spot on the Hill. A LOT of people still enjoy tailgating over at Fouts and it is the most convenient way to tailgate if you don't have reserved parking passes. There is more action on the Hill as that is where the Mean Green team walks through and the band etc, kiddie zone, Miller Lite tent etc...

There is also a good tailgating area over on the dirt lot across from the athletic center on Bonnie Brae. I haven't been over there so I will let someone else help you on that.

Alcohol is fine -- they prefer cans but you can get away with glass if you have plastic cups.

There are restrooms outside on the student side of Apogee that stay open until the game starts. You can also buy concessions and they sell big bags of ice for tailgaters.

We like you have some business to take care of this week but we share your enthusiasm about the upcoming game with UTSA... man the buildup if we both can pull out wins this week will be fantastic and with the bye week two weeks of smack to boot! Welcome again to the board and best of luck against Tulane!

Thanks, Harry.

Great info and very helpful. I think I'll be pulling into the Fouts Field parking lot and doing my thing there with some fellow Roadrunners and some Mean Greens.

Man, yeah, the UTSA vs UNT game is huge for me personally, but yes, UTSA is taking care of some big business with Tulane as I type this. Hopefully, if they pull out the upset, it will set up for a huge match up against UNT.

Looking forward to participating on this board.

• Upvote 1

Runner come to the hill. You can drive your car right up to your lot up until 3 hours before kickoff. Fouts is far and the scenery on the hill is simply spectacular! You will find djs spinning on the hill and easy access to restrooms and all tailgates . You will just need to secure your tailgate items nearby or if someone stays at the gate the hole game it makes for a fantastic postgate. You can drive up on the hill one hour after the game concludes.

Welcome! I'm a San Antonio native but Mean Green diehard. GMG!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

We've created a tailgating collaboration map in Google Maps. Everyone should be able to pin their tailgating spot on it. Give it a try! Here is the link.

Tailgating Map

To add your tailgating spot on the map:

1. Click the red Edit button

2. Click the Add Placemark button in the upper left corner of the map

3. Click on your tailgate spot

4. Enter your gomeangreen.com alias for the Title

5. Add some information about your tailgate scene in the Description

6. Click OK

7. Click on Save

Have fun and GO MEAN GREEN!!!

See you at the games.

This post has been promoted to an article