Tag your UNT Tailgate Territory

UNT 90 Grad

17 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

@THOR & @Grant.UNT - I took the liberty of moving you on the tailgating map.  I'm assuming we'll be in the same spot as last year.  Looking forward to getting some good tailgating in!

no, a bit different spot.  i clicked the link but no tailgating map showed up, just a google earth map of the usa

• Upvote 3

This will be my first year tailgating in the Blue Lot and I am sure looking forward to it! In the past I've met up with people on the hill or hung out on the square

I hope to just find a simple spot to park/set up a grill and a few chairs and stay out of the way. Anything I should know before I show up Saturday? And what's the earliest we can get there to snag a spot? 

Thanks! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 6

I think it's working again, but we lost all the spots from prior years.  Folks will need to add their spots again.  So far I've added ours and @KingDL1 has added theirs.  You guys got some work to do.  🙂 

Here is the link again so you don't have to go to the top of the thread:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201091365063211794234.0004e1e616fa14ccb41aa

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

SMUers had several Red/Blue tents set up last time they were in Denton & after spying on them on their fan forum there will be more of their fans for this game.  Seems this game is turning somewhat into “the Event” for many of their fans. (Guess they saw what the oddsmakers said)😳😱

With a Band Day promo this game might now have a chance of selling out.

89338CDE-A1B4-465A-A5F3-85FDF6E4A596.jpeg.92dc8bd86ac615c5a25ec7b5a0cd3249.jpeg

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

What exit do I take off I35, to get to the blue lot and what time does it fill up? We usually park by old Fouts, but age is getting up there and trying to cut down on that long walk.

If you're early enough, and already have a blue lot pass in hand, take North Texas Blvd exit.   
If closer to gametime, the North Texas Blvd bridge is often times closed for pedestrian traffic only, so you'd have to take Bonnie Brae & loop around.

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If you're early enough, and already have a blue lot pass in hand, take North Texas Blvd exit.   
If closer to gametime, the North Texas Blvd bridge is often times closed for pedestrian traffic only, so you'd have to take Bonnie Brae & loop around.

Thank you. I was planning on paying when arriving, hopefully, an hour before kickoff is early enough?

5 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

Thank you. I was planning on paying when arriving, hopefully, an hour before kickoff is early enough?

An hour-and-less prior is about the time they start making the change on NT Blvd.  Especially if they think it's going to be a full house, which communications from the Athletic Department seem to indicate.

If you can make it 1:15 prior, that should be safe.