GoMeanGreen.com Tailgating Tips

Does anyone know where I can buy a North Texas tailgating text? I’ve heard that in the past, the athletic department tries to sell them as it gets closer to the season.

What are some other good tailgating tips besides the usual grill, stereo, beer, and TV's?

GMG

Did you mean "tailgating tent"? If so, they used to sell them at the spirit store at Apogee. I don't know if that's changed now that they are under new management.

• Upvote 1

Most important and mobile item you need to have is a koozie. Everyone is happy to give beers to paasers-by and we all share with each other, but it's up to you to keep it cold.

• Upvote 2

Let me preface by saying I run a tailgate for all the doc students that want to attend at the College of Business..

My normal set up last fall included:

10 x 10 tent (with one clip on wind/sun shield) with homemade long stakes

2beverage coolers + 1 food cooler

I gas barbeque girl

1 fold up 4x4 table

8 fold out chairs

2 gallons of water

2 cases of bottled water

4 case of Shiner (in cans)

1 case of Miller Lite (to give away in trade for other food stuffs)

1 bottle of Rum

2 whole racks pork spares ribs

1 whole rack beef ribs

8 chicken breast (4 cubed/4 dressed)

2 sirloins (cubes and marinated in Italian dressing)

1lb shrimp

Tortillas

Chips

Assorted fruit/Veg tray

And then the standard, kabob skewers, foil, seasoning, plastic cups, bottle cap opener, 4 trash bags, spatula, chef knife, serrated knife, SUNTAN LOTION, wrench, paper plates, 2 rolls of paper towels, and heaven forbid that you forget to bring toilet paper just in case! I probably forgot some stuff, but this is a pretty good start

• Upvote 3

OK Here is the start of a project map that I hope we can get completed prior to the first game. I have added my tailgating area and hopefully some of you with MS paint, photoshop etc can add on to this. The goal is to get a map of all of the main GMG tailgating areas so we will know where everyone is. My tailgating area is labeled here as "Tony's Tailgate"...just click on the map to get a larger version of the image. It's been discussed on here before but our group cooks up some awesome food (Tony's meatballs, barbeque etc) and drinks. There are quite a few GMG regulars (KingDL1, UNT90, Adam, GreenLantern, Evan, etc) that occupy this space and we try to get there early to make sure we can mark our spot. If you don't have the graphics capability to add your tailgating spot just shoot me a PM or post in this thread and I will try to add you to my map. Please give me your username or a short description and the approximate location on the map and I will try to get it added on there for you. My goal is to have a map, everyone here can print off and use during tailgating as a guide to interact with other tailgating areas and GMG friends. GMG!

gallery_1_2_236437.jpg

OK Here is the start of a project map that I hope we can get completed prior to the first game. I have added my tailgating area and hopefully some of you with MS paint, photoshop etc can add on to this. The goal is to get a map of all of the main GMG tailgating areas so we will know where everyone is. My tailgating area is labeled here as "Tony's Tailgate"...just click on the map to get a larger version of the image. It's been discussed on here before but our group cooks up some awesome food (Tony's meatballs, barbeque etc) and drinks. There are quite a few GMG regulars (KingDL1, UNT90, Adam, GreenLantern, Evan, etc) that occupy this space and we try to get there early to make sure we can mark our spot. If you don't have the graphics capability to add your tailgating spot just shoot me a PM or post in this thread and I will try to add you to my map. Please give me your username or a short description and the approximate location on the map and I will try to get it added on there for you. My goal is to have a map, everyone here can print off and use during tailgating as a guide to interact with other tailgating areas and GMG friends. GMG!

I have adjusted your map to be more consistent with how we see tailgating.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4

Bring something good to cook...a tent is mandatory...cold beer is a definite...

BUT...No gas grills!!!

Charcoal is the only way to tailgate the right way!!!

Charcoal only..

Gas is cheating...

Grilling is an event that should.take.time.and.enjoyed...

• Upvote 1

I have adjusted your map to be more consistent with how we see tailgating.

where are the couches?

but in all seriousness... don't be afraid to bring too much water for the first two tailgates which will have your huevos sweating more than you knew was possible

gallery_1_2_236437.jpg

Apparently THOR, Grant.UNT, and I tailgate in the ghetto because our tailgating spot is off the map. Before this gets too far along, maybe we should start with a map that covers more area, including all of the victory lot and maybe the lot at Fouts as well.

It'd be cool to have a season ticket map too, like we did over at Fouts.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

Apparently THOR, Grant.UNT, and I tailgate in the ghetto because our tailgating spot is off the map. Before this gets too far along, maybe we should start with a map that covers more area, including all of the victory lot and maybe the lot at Fouts as well.

It'd be cool to have a season ticket map too, like we did over at Fouts.

Give this a try. I've created a collaboration map in Google Maps. Everyone should be able to pin their tailgating spot on it. Give it a try if you'd like. The only thing is I'm not sure how you'd be able to print it with names.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201091365063211794234.0004e1e616fa14ccb41aa

To add your spot on the map:

1. Click the red Edit button

2. Click the Add Placemark button in the upper left corner of the map

3. Click on your tailgate spot

4. Enter your gomeangreen.com alias for the Title

5. Click OK

6. Click on Save

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 4

Give this a try. I've created a collaboration map in Google Maps. Everyone should be able to pin their tailgating spot on it. Give it a try if you'd like. The only thing is I'm not sure how you'd be able to print it with names.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201091365063211794234.0004e1e616fa14ccb41aa

To add your spot on the map:

1. Click the red Edit button

2. Click the Add Placemark button in the upper left corner of the map

3. Click on your tailgate spot

4. Enter your gomeangreen.com alias for the Title

5. Click OK

6. Click on Save

Done