UNT hires former Marquette Asst. Scott Monarch

Harry

Funny that ihad to find this out from my friend but there are a lot of people out there excited about this move. Apparently it makes us like the "big boys". I am happy were are bringing in experienced coaches and apparently this is another name that catches a lot of attention around the country. He is well liked and respected from what I have heard and seen. A good choice for now... I have only heard about him through the grapevine though.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Because of my hearing impairment, I have been reading body language for almost 70 years during which time I have been a North Texas fan. In my opinion, Rick V's intro of Coach Mac was not the most comfortable moment and his intro of Coach Benford was even more difficult. I just watched this vid and I am not feeling so good right now. It all starts at the top. Jesus.

• Upvote 2

You know a guy has his ethical compass realigned correctly when he commits to lead a program and bails out 2 months later, having gotten there from a school (Northern Colorado) where he was supposedly an assistant coach (at least, that's what the Clafin press release from 9 weeks ago says), but isn't listed on their website or visible in the team photo, and isn't identified in any of the game notes as a member of the coaching or support staff.

Maybe he was just there for grad school?

You know a guy has his ethical compass realigned correctly when he commits to lead a program and bails out 2 months later, having gotten there from a school (Northern Colorado) where he was supposedly an assistant coach (at least, that's what the Clafin press release from 9 weeks ago says), but isn't listed on their website or visible in the team photo, and isn't identified in any of the game notes as a member of the coaching or support staff.

Maybe he was just there for grad school?

He was at Northern Colorado ?

• Upvote 1