Watching Todd Berry coach of ULM

Harry

You can't help but be impressed with this guy -- no whining about lack of resources. Very positive, optimistic about his team. I gotta tell you they return Browning and most all of their starters...if I was OU who they open with I would WATCH OUT! He said that the receivers he had this year are much more explosive this year. He said last year was a surprise and he built this team for this season...

They face two big 12 teams to start the first four weeks of the season.

I just wonder how after beating Arkansas and taking Auburn and Baylor to the wire this guy has not gotten picked up by a bigger program??

Watch out OU? Really? Well, stranger things have happened...while Arkansas would have been popunded by OU last season as well, I would like nothing better (except a bowl game for the Mean Green of course) then to see ULM beat the snot out of OU!

He is good. Anyone at Army is in a tough situation because your recruiting a limited to kids who can actually qualify academically. Monroe isn't the easiest place to recruit to; but, he's beating us to kids in the DFW and picking up some good scraps from his home state, Oklahoma.

He had some pretty good mentors along with way with John Cooper and Johnny Majors. Wouldn't be shocked to see a C-USA school pick him up if he puts together another season or two of winning football in Monroe.

I think the guy at Tulane is iin over his head. Ditto Southern Miss. I think Berry would be a target of either of those.

(North Texas? ... if things don't go well in 2013 and 2014?)

• Upvote 1

Watch out OU? Really? Well, stranger things have happened...while Arkansas would have been popunded by OU last season as well, I would like nothing better (except a bowl game for the Mean Green of course) then to see ULM beat the snot out of OU!

The most impressive thing about that win was this - ULM came back to win it.

They were down 21-7 at half. And, with just under 10 minutes, the Razorbacks stretched out to a 28-7 lead.

I'm sure, at that point, everyone in the stadium and on the Arkansas sideline thought they were on their way to a 50-something to 7 route. That's when ULM, on the road, refused to lay down and die, then took matters into their own hands.

That's what I'd like for us to do someday - forget being behind on the road of a bigger dog, and just cut loose, take advantage of their taking us for granted.

The thing that is always on the underdogs' side in these early season battles is that the bigger school usually has a pretty vanilla offensive and defensive schemes for the lesser schools so as to not tip their hand on game film for future "more important" battles.

If you can punch them back in the mouth and keep going, you can win on the road. ULM has done it to Alabama and Arkansas. Arkansas State did it to Texas A&M. Pre-Big 12 TCU did it to OU.

I'd love to see the day where UNT's team and coaches have the mindset to weather the storm on the road in a big name school's stadium, and rally to beat them! That would be really exciting!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1