Interesting followup on former prospects Chase Walling, Sam Rice

Harry

I notice in Athlon two deep that they have Walling (Lake Highlands) as the backup center. I did not see Sam Rice from Coppell in the two deep.

Before someone barks about why am I posting SMU stuff, please note that we have them on the schedule for like 12 years starting next year so I am starting to look over their roster more than before. Also both of these guys were originally committed to us and I was interested to see how they are faring. SMU has a brutal schedule this year BTW and their transfer Texas QB is a senior (like DT). It will be interesting to see how they fare this season against some tough competition.

SMU had a float in the Lake HIghlands 4th of July parade and a table set up after the parade to sell season tickets.

Did we have anything at the Kiwanas fireworks show to sell season tickets? You know, in our own stadium.

Yes, there was a table setup for season ticket sales.

• Upvote 2

Yes, there was a table setup for season ticket sales.

Excellent!

BTW..was told by a staffer that they have the parents of incoming freshman come to Apogee (if they wish) as part of the parent program. They get to see the stadium from the club level, here from some coaches, see some workouts ( if in progress) and they are given the opportunity to buy season tickets. Was told that several agents took them up this year on the season ticket thing. The AD has been working for a few years to be included in the parents part of the orientation. They are now part of it...this CUSA thing along with Apogee does help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Excellent!

BTW..was told by a staffer that they have the parents of incoming freshman come to Apogee (if they wish) as part of the parent program. They get to see the stadium from the club level, here from some coaches, see some workouts ( if in progress) and they are given the opportunity to buy season tickets. Was told that several agents took them up this year on the season ticket thing. The AD has been working for a few years to be included in the parents part of the orientation. They are now part of it...this CUSA thing along with Apogee does help.

When you say, "parents of incoming freshmen," do you mean freshmen players or all freshmen? I hope for the latter. The more parents come to games, the better all around for the University. I don't care if they buy club level, season tickets, or one at a time...giving parents a reason to visit will not only help fill the stadium, but it's a good way for them to stay involved with their kids in a non-helicopter way. On one hand, I shudder at the idea of parents breathing down their kids' necks all the time, but on the other hand, college can be tough and even if you don't talk about everything together, knowing your parents are coming in at least a few times a semester for games could help ease homesickness and provide some stability for anybody having a tough time.

When you say, "parents of incoming freshmen," do you mean freshmen players or all freshmen? I hope for the latter. The more parents come to games, the better all around for the University. I don't care if they buy club level, season tickets, or one at a time...giving parents a reason to visit will not only help fill the stadium, but it's a good way for them to stay involved with their kids in a non-helicopter way. On one hand, I shudder at the idea of parents breathing down their kids' necks all the time, but on the other hand, college can be tough and even if you don't talk about everything together, knowing your parents are coming in at least a few times a semester for games could help ease homesickness and provide some stability for anybody having a tough time.

Yes...all incoming freshmen parents are invited. This is part of the freshman orientation program now, and appears to be having some initial success. And appears to be getting some very positive reviews. Apogee and the Club Room area is a real plus it seems as is our entry into CUSA!