Idaho fans discuss North Texas game

Harry

• 1 month later...

A description of Idaho QB Chad Chalich:

Yes. He has many intangibles that add up to being a great QB. He is very Kellen Moorish only a much better runner. He just knows where to throw the ball. Not a big arm - again like KM but is smart and has great pocket presence. He know s when to tuck and run. Sees the field and reads the defense well. He also reminds me of the Northern Illinois QB and Gabbert that played at Missouri. It is definately his job to lose in my opinion. Dave Dickenson also comes to mind but Chalich has a much bigger arm and much more athletic. I've seen two practices and a scrimmage, the one where he basically seperated himself from the competition convincingly. Finally, he is tough and very much in command of the offense and has established himself as the clear leader. His confidence is obvious. Even when he is getting is a$$ chewed by coach he responds with confidence. As his mom told me on the sideline during the first scrimmage after a CP session, "this isn't personal, this is boot camp".

Read more: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=205&f=2664&t=11651796&p=1

Yes, all practices are open. I think Coach Akey in his run as HC had one, maybe two, closed practices. The practice area has a nice setting for fans and the curious to view the going ons. They know the heat issue. I believe Petrino will have them the best one can do to get through this.

And yes, I mentioned on our board, that UNT and Idaho are quite similar in sites and the threads and I think both schools have storied traditions and excellent academics. We are a 1889 land-grant school. Quite a proud alumni base. The campus is beautiful and the small town of Moscow has made many reviews as a nice tucked away college town.

Moscow is in the north part of the state and is more connected to eastern Washington (Spokane) and western Montana, than it is to the more southern and politically strong southern portion, with Boise. Bosie has a large UI alum base. But BSU is a "jc" as far as we are concerned. LOL *they do produce futball though!

• Upvote 2