Really don't know if he will or not, but at this point it sure appears that the prosecution has not proved a case of 2nd degree murder.

What I wonder is this...will people accept the verdict no matter which way it goes? Doubtful.

6 member, all white, all female jury.

I think certain members of the black community will only accept one verdict, and if the verdict isn't what they want, I think we could see rioting in many large US cities, not just in Florida.

Good job, news media. You got your story, damn the costs.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

6 member, all white, all female jury.

I think certain members of the black community will only accept one verdict, and if the verdict isn't what they want, I think we could see rioting in many large US cities, not just in Florida.

Good job, news media. You got your story, damn the costs.

This trial saw the American media sink to new lows, fabricating voices, whipping up racial hysteria, misreporting facts, speculating, exposing Zimmerman's social security number to the masses.

I'm not sure he will be acquitted (I wonder if the jury is considering the rioting and looting threats that are all over social media) but if he is, I hope Zimmerman moonwalks outta the courtroom with both middle fingers blazing. The victim was on trial in the case for the crime of defending himself from attack.

If nothing else, this whole sorry mess should wash away forever the fiction of liberal multiculturalist tolerance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Basically I am onboard with EagleGreen's take. I have no doubt Martin was kicking Zimmerman's ass and Zimmerman ultimately felt like his life was in danger and shot Martin. The problem is he put himself in that danger and should have avoided it. The 911 operator told him not to go after the kid.

Martin was the one who felt threatened in the beginning. I know I would have a problem with some dude (bald head, goetee) following me around at night! I would have not confronted the stalker (I probably would have run scared shitless), but Martin seems to have faced his predator and obviously the rest is history.

• Upvote 2

Basically I am onboard with EagleGreen's take. I have no doubt Martin was kicking Zimmerman's ass and Zimmerman ultimately felt like his life was in danger and shot Martin. The problem is he put himself in that danger and should have avoided it. The 911 operator told him not to go after the kid.

Martin was the one who felt threatened in the beginning. I know I would have a problem with some dude (bald head, goetee) following me around at night! I would have not confronted the stalker (I probably would have run scared shitless), but Martin seems to have faced his predator and obviously the rest is history.

The thing that the defense should have pointed out is that Zimmerman was doing nothing illegal by following Martin. Whether it was the smart or even right thing to do shouldn't matter to the jury, only whether it was legal.

With all the evidence finally presented, it is pretty clear that this shouldn't rise to the legal standard (proof beyond a reasonable doubt) for conviction on any charges.

I share the concern that the jury will be concerned with social issues, not guilt or innocence, and will be intimidated into a Manslaughter conviction.

• Upvote 1

To me, the 911 tape is the most damning thing for Zimmerman. It CLEARLY indicates that he was told not to pursue Martin, but he did anyway, putting him in an aggressor role. Dude is a murderer.

There's semantics and crap that could get him off. If so, it's a travesty. Black/White/Red/Yellow/whatever. Zimmerman killed a young man. He premeditated pursuit, armed, which kinda makes it premeditated murder. This should be crystal clear to everyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I'm not sure he will be acquitted (I wonder if the jury is considering the rioting and looting threats that are all over social media) but if he is, I hope Zimmerman moonwalks outta the courtroom with both middle fingers blazing. The victim was on trial in the case for the crime of defending himself from attack.

If this was indeed the case and the defense found out about it is grounds for a mistrial. If you watched or listened to any of the trial you'd also know that the judge asked if any of the jurors had used social media or logged onto an electronic device. The judge was trying very hard to make sure the jury's opinion was not swayed by any means possible.

• Upvote 2

There's semantics and crap that could get him off. If so, it's a travesty. Black/White/Red/Yellow/whatever. Zimmerman killed a young man. He premeditated pursuit, armed, which kinda makes it premeditated murder. This should be crystal clear to everyone.

It's not crystal clear. In fact, very little in this case is actually crystal clear.

I would challenge that Zimmerman didn't go after Martin with intent to kill. I don't think the prosecution could even come close to proving the murder was premeditated.

• Upvote 3

Zimmerman is innocent according to the law. I have no clue how a sane jury or any body for that matter could find him guilty. All he had to do was believe his life was in danger. That is it. It. It could take something as little as Travon saying "I am going to kill you" for Zimmeerman to use force. Of course my guess by the end of this we will have more liberals trying to change the laws of this country and further it's demise...

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

My opinion: murder ..NO ..... manslaughter (or whatever Florida calls it ... YES.. He should not walk out completely free.... He was told to not carry a gun and by police to not follow him .... he was an idiot and asking for trouble.

To me, the 911 tape is the most damning thing for Zimmerman. It CLEARLY indicates that he was told not to pursue Martin, but he did anyway, putting him in an aggressor role. Dude is a murderer.

And assume he did not follow him and Travon goes on to burglarize a house or harm a family. What then? Zimmerman lives with the guilt of knowing he did not stop him.

Travon should have called the police and stood still, but instead he chose to attack an innocent man. From there everything that happened is covered under the law.

If George Zimmerman were a female or 60 years old would this even be a trial? No! The state brought it to the forefront and created this controversy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"And assume he did not follow him and Travon goes on to burglarize a house or harm a family. What then? Zimmerman lives with the guilt of knowing he did not stop him."

In a situation filled with silly conjecture and ridiculous jumps to conclusions you have posited the most inane thought thus far.

Let that sink in.

• Upvote 3

My opinion: murder ..NO ..... manslaughter (or whatever Florida calls it ... YES.. He should not walk out completely free.... He was told to not carry a gun and by police to not follow him .... he was an idiot and asking for trouble.

Once again, he was NEVER told not to follow. If you actually listen to the tape, the dispather says, "We don't need you to do that." Even IF the dispatcher, who does not give lawful orders, ordered him not to follow, he still doesn't have to obey. If someone who does have legal authority told him not to follow, he is still legally ok to that point. If he is instructed not to follow, and he breaks off his "pursuit", he is in compliance. He was legally able to carry the firearm. Just following him does not make him the aggressor. He could have been returning to his car. That is not "aggression"

• Upvote 2

And assume he did not follow him and Travon goes on to burglarize a house or harm a family. What then? Zimmerman lives with the guilt of knowing he did not stop him.

Are you really saying this is a Peter Parker/Uncle Ben situation?

• Upvote 1

"And assume he did not follow him and Travon goes on to burglarize a house or harm a family. What then? Zimmerman lives with the guilt of knowing he did not stop him."

In a situation filled with silly conjecture and ridiculous jumps to conclusions you have posited the most inane thought thus far.

Let that sink in.

I really hope you stay away from anything law involved. That is the same conjecture the state has used the entire time. They claim George is a vigilante want to be cop etc etc... None of which is any more proven then what I have said above.It is all assumptions or what ifs. If they cannot prove it is any different which they have not then there is no case so George goes free...

• Downvote 2

What did Zimmerman know at the time? That the neighborhood had experienced a bunch of burglaries in his neighborhood and he saw someone he considered suspicious and followed him, nothing against the law about that, not even if he was told by the dispatcher not to follow.

You say he is a murderer. Do murderers normally call the police BEFORE they commit the murder?

Lots of emotions, which isn't what guilt or innocence should be based on.

Just the facts, ma'am .

• Upvote 3

It's a political case, pure and simple. Obama damned Zimmerman the second he spoke on behalf of the dead kid. The case agent even believed the suspect and said so on the stand. However, he is done. Either way both these guys were tools that night and happened to cross paths. Perfect storm of two morons meeting in the dark.

• Upvote 4

Wow.

CLEARLY? Did you listen to the effing tape? It was not a clear order at all. Also, the guy was a 911 dispatcher! A dispatcher is not a cop. I suppose if a cashier at a grocer store told you to put the ice cream back because "you don't need that," you'd do it?

Wait, a minute ... is this post satire? Have I just bitten into a satire doughnut?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's a political case, pure and simple. Obama damned Zimmerman the second he spoke on behalf of the dead kid..

And the Obama administration made sure it would stay political by not only speaking about it but by also sending in the Community Relations Service to "help out".

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/353230/obamas-alinskyite-administration-john-fund

The website for the CRS claims it does not take sides among disputing parties and only provides impartial conciliation and mediation services. But the evidence of its activities in Sanford shows that it placed a large thumb on the scales of justice in the Zimmerman case. What can providing support for a March for Trayvon Martin rally headlined by the rabble-rousing Reverend Al Sharpton have to do with conciliation and mediation?

From top to bottom, the handling of the Zimmerman case was marinated in racial political correctness. Lee, the former Sanford police chief, told CNN this week that he faced severe pressure from outside forces to conduct his investigation in an unprofessional way so as to placate the public. It was [relayed] to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didnt care if it got dismissed later, he said. You dont do that. Lee told CNN that arresting Zimmerman based on the evidence he had collected would have violated Zimmermans Fourth Amendment rights. But he said political influence forced a change in the course of the normal criminal-justice process. . . . That investigation was taken away from us. We werent able to complete it.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Let that sink in.

You're being unfair. Maybe he just watched Spiderman.

• Upvote 1