College football countdown | No. 104: Texas State

10Eagle10

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/05/30/texas-state-bobcats-college-football-countdown-2013-preview/2370699/

Dream season: The Bobcats go 2-2 in September, start 3-1 in the Sun Belt and hold on in November to reach a bowl game.

Nightmare season: The three wins come against Prairie View A&M, Georgia State and South Alabama.

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

Where Texas State fans hang out: I think the best option is Bobcat Fans, which houses a very active message board.

Returning starters: 13 (6 offense, 7 defense)

2012 record: 4-8 (2-4)

2013 schedule:

Aug. 31 at Southern Mississippi
Sept. 7 Prairie View A&M
Sept. 21 at Texas Tech
Sept. 28 Wyoming
Oct. 5 at Louisiana-Lafayette
Oct. 12 Louisiana-Monroe
Oct. 19 Georgia State
Oct. 26 South Alabama
Nov. 2 at Idaho
Nov. 16 at Arkansas State
Nov. 23 Western Kentucky
Nov. 29 at Troy

I'll be pulling for future-CUSA-mates Western Kentucky.

Agreed best case would be for Western Kentucky to win it -- you gotta think they will be pretty good with Petrino and the talent left behind by Willie Taggart.

I hope the go 0-12. I just cannot root for anyone that we might have to compete against for recruits. If they start to win in the Sun Belt, it could get a litle closer to happening.

This.

We need them to suck as much as possible. 0-12 would be just fine with me. I have nothing against Texas State, either, but I recognize that they, along with UTSA, could easily pass us by with the right string of winning seasons. And if that happens, we might as well kiss FBS football goodbye. Its been amazingly hard to build up a program with the SWC schools and UTEP as other Texas FBS programs. If we fall behind those two and stay as the 12th team in FBS in this state, we should just go back to FCS and call it a day. There is just no way that a school that is so new to FBS should surpass us that quickly from within our own state.