GMG.COM SOFTBALL GAME - July 13th

KRAM1

I'm officially in on this KRAM and thank you for putting it together! Another good cause and I look forward to it! So now let's see some others make the leap and join in on the party! GMG!

Glad to have you in and playing Harry...got you down....

• Upvote 2

New player sign up...none other than Wiill "the thrill" Atterberry will be playing in this first ever GMG.Com World Series of Softball!

Welcome aboard Will...glad to have you with us!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

Folks...we still need:

1). Players...still have a few open spots...you know you want to play...let us know and join the fun.

2). Umpires...could use a couple of experienced slo-pitch type umps. Texas Stranger is a possibility but may have a schedule conflict...anyone else out there while we hang on and hope Texas Stranger is available?

3). Sponsors...we have had some very generous folks step up to help sponsor this event but still need:

(One t-shirt sleeve sponsor at $50 and 4 base sponsors at $25.00 each and a tailgate sponsor)

4). Volunteers...the more the merrier!

5). Silent Auction items...anything of use would be appreciated like UNT stuff, gift cards, golf rounds, tailgate stuff, etc., etc. Any donated items would be appreciated.

OK, so still "stuff" to do and items needed....anyone out there willing to commit to any of the above?

As you know...it's for a very good cause...UNT Softball Scholarship Fund!

• Upvote 1

UPDATE... We now have a UNT softball batting helmet and a UNT softball jersey for our silent auction. Way cool official UNT "stuff" here folks...A good start to some way cool auction items.

Thank you untcampbell for your generous donation of these items for the scholarship auction!

• Upvote 1

I'm in! Large, please.

Way cool. I think this is your firsts"adventure" with one of the GMG.Com games. Really pleased that you will be playing...welcome to the World Series of Softball!

FOLKS...check out the logo for the softball game in the Gallery here on GMG.Com. Thanks to David Pyke for doing the creative "stuff" and incorporating the UNT Softball "threads" into the event logo!

There is also a PayPal site up for those that would like to pre-pay their player fee....

Thanks Harry for posting the PayPal site and for getting the logo up on GMG.Com today for me as well.

• Upvote 1

Good News here folks...RAGEMASTER5000 has brought us two new players to add to our roster...and they are both females...way cool , Ragemaster5000.

We have O-Fresh and Limbs down to play! Welcome aboard ladies...VERY happy to have you with us the for the first ever GMG.Com World Series of Softball!

• Upvote 1

Some really exciting news here folks...we have secured our final t-shirt sleeve sponsor!

ADDISON TRANSPORTATION, a freight brokerage company managed by none other than the Mean Green's own, Kevin Kokjohn, has agreed to be our second sleeve sponsor.

I cannot recall one of these events where Kevin, in one form or fashion, has not supported us! Thank you. Your support is both appreciated and welcome.

So far our sponsors are:

Cross Timbers Equipment - Bryan Waddle;

Kokjohn Long Snapping - Troy Kokjohn;

Addison Transportation - Kevin Kokjohn;

Ken Ingram; and

Dale Hiatt and the Hiatt family.

PLEASE...please...thank our sponsors. cannot do this without their help and support!

We could still use sponsors for all four bases at $25 each (you can do one or more) and a tailgate sponsor for $100. If I can locate another $250 sponsor, I am thinking of creating hats for the event as well...anyone interested in any or all of the above???

• Upvote 3

KRAM,

Just wanted you to know that I appreciate all your work on these GMG.com projects. We disagree on a lot, but I'll gladly take a spot as fan of your and mine's Alma Mater.

Brett

• Upvote 2

KRAM,

Just wanted you to know that I appreciate all your work on these GMG.com projects. We disagree on a lot, but I'll gladly take a spot as fan of your and mine's Alma Mater.

Brett

Thanks, Brett...really appreciate the kind words.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

I found out today that my suspicions were correct and I will be in New York for most of July on bank bidness. I regret not being able to help out this time, but per diem (and a free place to stay in Midtown Manhattan) is a mighty good thing.

So have fun and hit 'em where they ain't.

Well...that, frankly, sucks! :judge: Now what am I going to do for a home plate umpire??? Hey, appreciate the willingness to help and maybe we can lock you in for next year. Enjoy Manhattan! Way fun place IF you have time for fun...you are working, right?

SO...folks...I now need a home plate and a base path umpire for this event...anyone out there interested in doing a bit of umpire work? Hey, you get a free brisket sandwich or hot dog...come on...you know you want to.....

• Upvote 1

Folks...things are shaping up nicely for the game...a couple of administrative items...

1) A PayPal site has been set up here on GMG.Com by Harry for those wishing to pay their $25 player fees. Please take advantage of the site if you can as it will make player check-in/registration just that much faster and smoother...thanks.

2) Sign-Up Deadline is fast approaching...last day to sign-up to play is Friday, June 28th. Team assignments will be made on June 29th and player shirts will be ordered.

3) I will be out of the country for several days shortly after the team assignments are made and will not return until a day or two before the game...so, no real time for "adjustments" after the player sign-up deadline of June 28th.

Could use:

1) A few more players

2) Umpire...min. of one...would really prefer two

3) Still looking for a sponsor or two for the event...come on business people...sponsoring a base is only $25!! Sponsoring the tailgate event is only $100.00...hey, individuals can sponsor as well.

4) Silent Auction items...just let me know if you or your company has anything that would be a good auction item...gift cards to restaurants make good items, rounds of golf at local clubs/courses, UNT items, etc., etc. Just about anything would be helpful AND appreciated.

ALL proceeds go to support UNT softball student-athlete scholarships!

• Upvote 3

Ok, Mark, sorry for the late entry, but both myself and the girlfriend are in for this. Just put her name on the back of her shirt.

I kept telling her that these were alumni fundraisers, which they are, but now she will see my nerd gene fully exposed. :-)

• Upvote 3

Ok, Mark, sorry for the late entry, but both myself and the girlfriend are in for this. Just put her name on the back of her shirt.

I kept telling her that these were alumni fundraisers, which they are, but now she will see my nerd gene fully exposed. :-)

Fantastic! Great news....got you both down! Appreciate you getting the better half of this duo to sign up as well.

• Upvote 1

GOOD NEWS FOLKS...we just picked up a couple of new players and a couple of new sponsors as well!

AS for sponsors...we have BILLIARD SUPPLY who has stepped up to sponsor HOME PLATE! Thanks to UNT88 for helping with this sponsorship...very much appreciate the help!

AND, UNTCAMPBELL has stepped up to sponsor 1st, 2nd and 3rd bases!

So, as they say...we now have ALL THE BASES COVERED! :thumbsu:

And we have added three new players:

David

Vinny and

Greg! Welcome aboard guys...happy to have you! I understands two of these guys are coming up from Houston to play! Super cool!

Still could use a sponsor or two...need a tailgate sponsor at $100...or any part thereof to help off set the costs of that...still need a few auction items...and need an ump or two...trying to get UNTFlyer to Ump for us...if he is in town I think we have a good chance...Flyer???

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

In case you missed the announcement, softball coach T J Hubbard has resigned as head coach for family and personal reasons.

This will have no impact on our July 13th game...it is GAME ON!

Good luck to Coach Hubbard who did a very nice job in raising the level of play and moving the UNT program forward. Coach, all the best...thank you for your good work...you will be missed.

• Upvote 1

News flash....we have our plate umpire...drum roll please....none other than UNTFlyer! Flyer let me know just today that he is available and would be willing to help by being our umpire!

Many thanks Flyer...many will recall that Flyer often helps referee our GMG.COM Flag Football Game as well.

Welcome aboard Ump!

• Upvote 2

TEAMS NOW SET FOR FIRST EVER GMG.COM SOFTBALL WORLD SERIES!!!!

WHITE TEAM

untcampbell - Manager

UNT90

Wendy (f)

Rudy

Emmitt01

NT03

O-Fresh (f)

Limbs (f)

curtissdaa

YIPYKIA

UNTAlumni.Com

Green Crazy

rws69

David

GREEN TEAM

Harry - Manager

untgirl04 (f)

forevereagle

Ragemaster5000

HQ (f)

THOR

smoothfresh

UNT88

Rico

ArmyofDad

ArmyofMom (f)

UNT 90 Grad

Will

Vince

Greg

OK, let the trash talking begin...these teams look (on paper anyway) like two very evenly matched teams, so it is anyone's guess who will win this first ever GMG.Com Softball game. No matter...win-lose-draw...this is going to be a really fun event and so will be the tailgate after the game along with the silent auction. FUN times will be had by all.

We could still use another umpire and additional sponsors and donors are always welcome. If you can't play, come on out and enjoy the game and be part of the tailgate and silent auction. Cheer on our softball warriors as they battle it out on the morning of July 13th at UNT's Lovelace softball complex (Mean Green Village - Bonnie Brae St.). First pitch is set for 10:00AM...registration begins at 9AM or a tad before.

• Upvote 1