GMG.COM SOFTBALL GAME - July 13th

KRAM1

Our First Lady is in the house folks. Got a PM....."HQ" is the first to break the gender barrier for the first ever GMG.Com World Series of Softball. Many thanks....

So...ladies....you will not be alone...I know you are out there and I know you can play....come on...pretty please????

Alright, I'm in. I've been getting text message reminders from the hubby all morning. Shirt size = Small

• Upvote 3

Alright, I'm in. I've been getting text message reminders from the hubby all morning. Shirt size = Small

Excellent...does this mean hubby will be signing up tyo play soon as well??? And, brother perhaps.... if we can get him to not run a race for one weekend...or at least a Saturday...he can run on Sunday that weekend, right?

Excellent...does this mean hubby will be signing up tyo play soon as well??? And, brother perhaps.... if we can get him to not run a race for one weekend...or at least a Saturday...he can run on Sunday that weekend, right?

Not sure if I will play, but will at least volunteer. Large shirt.

Not sure if I will play, but will at least volunteer. Large shirt.

Got you down...but, you know you want to play. Just let me know when you decide...thanks for being part of this one and letting us "borrow" your wife...I know she's got game for sure!

• Upvote 1

Replied by email that I am in. Shirt size L

As a player? Just confirm...got your email, don't know what capacity as yet...many thanks. Just fill me in when you can.

• Upvote 1

UNT88 is "in" as a player as well. Glad to have you with us...will add some athletic abilities to the game...maybe you will want to try your hand against one of the ex-UNT softball pitchers as well.....

See you at the game! Hey...sign-up some buddies of yours...ladies welcome and needed as well!

• Upvote 1

We have our first sponsor folks....a generous individual has made a pledge of a $100.00 donation to get things rolling! I have not asked if I can use his name so will not do so at this time, but it is very much appreciated.

It always amazes me who steps forward to support UNT in these events. Each time we do one of these a new donor or two steps up in support of our student-athletes. Great group of people these Mean Green Nation folks.

• Upvote 2

I definitely do not play softball, but I'll be volunteering. :)

Excellent...appreciate the support...send the info to some of your running buddies. Surely some would like to play.

• Upvote 1

We have our first sponsor folks....a generous individual has made a pledge of a $100.00 donation to get things rolling! I have not asked if I can use his name so will not do so at this time, but it is very much appreciated.

It always amazes me who steps forward to support UNT in these events. Each time we do one of these a new donor or two steps up in support of our student-athletes. Great group of people these Mean Green Nation folks.

Just FYI...this generous support comes from Mr. Ken Ingram....a big supporter of both UNT and TWU and their scholarship athletes. If you know Ken, tell him thank you for his support the next time you see him. If you are not lucky enough to know Ken, let me know and I will introduce you to him. Thanks so much, Ken. See you at the game!

• Upvote 1

Two new players being added:

NT03 is down to paly as is...

UNTAlumni.Com!

Welcome aboard guys! Really gald to have you in the game. Thanks for the support.

Folks...another most generous sponsor has stepped up to help with this event! Overall nice guy and big time supporter of UNT in general, BRYAN WADDLE (Green Dozer), and his business, CROSS TIMBERS EQUIPMENT have agreed to be our primary t-shirt sponsor for this benefit event.

Many of you know Bryan already and know what a generous supporter of UNT he and his family are, but I want to thank his and let him know how much this support is appreciated. This is our first WORLD SERIES OF SOFTBALL, so we don't have a track record of success like we do for the football and basketball games, and Bryan made the decision to help put this event on the map as well. Thank you Bryan and Cross Timbers Equipment. Be sure and tell Bryan "thank you" the next time you run in to him...he is not hard to find around UNT!

Thanks to a great member of the Mean Green Nation!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just picked up another sponsor for the game...KOKJOHN LONG SNAPPING will again be one of our t-shirt sleeve sponsors. I say "once again" because these guys were also kind enough to be sponsors for our last flag football game and basketball game! And, I did not ask...was not going to ask as they have stepped up to help so many times before...AS with our other announced sponsors, we all know what great supporters the Kokjohn family is when it comes to UNT and UNT Athletics!

So ... a great big and personal "thank you" to the Kokjohn's and Kokjohn Long Snapping for once again stepping up to help support these events and the scholarship athletes of UNT! Well done and THANK YOU!

• Upvote 2

A couple of fairly important updates:

1) Last day to sign up as a player is: FRIDAY, JUNE 28th at 5:00PM...player draft will be Saturday, June 29th (time to be determined and announced at a later date);

2) Tailgate Info: Mean Green Nation Member and UNT supporter, Dale Hiatt has volunteered once again to cook brisket for us...so we will have both hot dogs and brisket sandwiches available for a "donation"...you pick the amount, it's a donation to the softball scholarship fund after all. HOWEVER, as a bit of a bonus for playing, donating, sponsoring and/or volunteering...each person who is in one or more of those groups will get a free dog and/or brisket sandwich as a bit of a bonus for helping out!

Thank you, Dale for your generous support. Those of you who have participated in the GMG.Com flag football games that were previously held at Fouts know just how delicious these brisket sandwiches are that Dale prepares! It's another great reason to support this event.

3) Feel free to bring your own tailgate foods and drinks...we will be tailgating and making a couple of award presentations after the game,

4) Some sodas and water will also be available for purchase at the event to help raise additional funds. But, you are free to bring your own if you wish, and

5) PLAYERS...we still need a few players...come on, you know you want to play in this historic inaugural WORLD SERIES OF SOFTBALL game, right?

Still need additional sponsors and donors! PM me if you have an interest in helping out...would LOVE to hear from you.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

I'm in! XL Shirt. I'm trying to talk Mrs. UNT 90 Grad into playing, but not having a lot of luck...yet.

Excellent...got you down...promise Mrs UNT 90 Grad anything she wants...get her in the game! Ha! Glad to have you with us....

• Upvote 1