GMG.COM SOFTBALL GAME - July 13th

KRAM1

Hmm, my wife and I on the same team. We almost broke up over a a softball game when we were dating.

This should be fun!

So, being on the same team this time should help...since you are both older and wiser now about such things, right? Keep saying...it's just a game...it's just a game...it's just a game...then go out and buy flowers, candy and diamonds! Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

So, being on the same team this time should help...since you are both older and wiser now about such things, right? Keep saying...it's just a game...it's just a game...it's just a game...then go out and buy flowers, candy and diamonds!

In going over our calendar it might not matter. Our son has tryout that day at the same time. It looks like she might make the game. :(
  • Upvote 1

I ain't much of a coach, but I know enough that I have to replace my vacant space(s), with commissioner approval of course.

Give Attaway a white jersey!

unt88, what would Jason (that Attaway, correct?) like as his jersey name?

GMG

Uh, green has also lost a player so we need a replacement too.

Both teams are down a player or two...but we did just add one to the white team yesterday...so Attaway is in and goes to the Green team!

T-shirts are already ordered, so he'll get one of the extras without a name...he can just be the mystery man!

So, Jason Attaway to the Green Team! Only fair since both are down, white added a player yesterday and UNT88 got the lead and roped him in to play as well....

Done deal...

Thanks to UNT88 for filling a vacant slot for us and WELCOME HOME JASON ATTAWAY! Green Team it is!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone have any suggestions for batting cages around Denton? I found a couple on google, but I'm just seeing if anyone has had any personal experiences.

I'm trying to get some batting practice in.

Edited by RAGEMASTER5000
  • Upvote 1

i know of one by north lakes tennis center/softball fields/driving range/frisbee golf....haven't been there...just driven by...dude...no need to practice...it's slow pitch...like taking candy from a baby!

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have any suggestions for batting cages around Denton? I found a couple on google, but I'm just seeing if anyone has had any personal experiences.

Go with Thor's suggestion, just a word of caution though. The machines at that set of cages do not always work, or work well.
  • Upvote 1

i know of one by north lakes tennis center/softball fields/driving range/frisbee golf....haven't been there...just driven by...dude...no need to practice...it's slow pitch...like taking candy from a baby!

Confession: It's not for practice. It's for an ellaborate trash-talk video.

• Upvote 3

There is a new one in Denton called DBI. It's caddy corner from Guyer HS. It's open to the public

• Upvote 2

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there a link to the official rules we'll be following? Stealing bases? Sliding? Pitch arc? Etc.?

Nope..Coach Hubbard promised to get us the rules...alas Coach Hubbard is gone...working on it from Costa Rica is a tad challenging, but, hey...lots of fun...that and folks telling me they now cannot play after shirts ordered and rosters set! Oh, the joys of organizing these little events.

Hey...got to be flexible...it is going to be great....all fun and definitely for a great cause!

See you on the 13th.

Hey...great news...Coach Hubbard has sent us the rules he drew up for the game...that was really great of him...helping even after leaving...great guy.

I have asked untcampbell to help get them posted here on GMG.com for everyone.

See everyone Saturday for the 1st ever GMG.Com World Series of Softball!