GMG.COM SOFTBALL GAME - July 13th

KRAM1

gallery_1_176_103752.jpg

Folks...all the preliminaries have been hammered out! The first ever GMG.Com Softball game is ON for JULY 13th with registration at 9AM followed by first pitch at 10"00AM...more details to follow, but here are the items we have right now:

DATE: Saturday - July 13th

TIME: Registration at 9:00AM with fist pitch at 10:00AM

FORMAT: Slo-Pitch and Co-Ed (open to one and all)

PLACE: UNT Softball Complex at Mean Green Village

COST: $25.00 per player which includes the first ever GMG.COM Softball World Series T-Shirt!

PROCEEDS: UNT Softball Scholarships

TAILGATE PARTY AFTER THE GAME & SILENT AUCTION

So...what do we need???

1. Players - Sign up to play here...just like our football and basketball games...give me your t-shirt size as well.

2. Sponsors - We are asking for interested parties to help sponsor the game:

A. Back of T-Shirt: $250.00

B. T-Shirt Sleeve: $50.00

C. Base Sponsors: (Need 4): $25.00

D. Tailgate Sponsor: $100.00

Anyone interested in sponsoring the event please just PM me and we can discuss the details.

3. Silent Auction Items

4. Game Day Volunteers

Thanks to Coach T J Hubbard for helping to make this event a reality and to UNTCAMPBELL AND RAGEMASTER5000 for being the inspirations behind moving this forward and for being the first to step forward as volunteers to help make the game a success!

More info to follow...BUT...who's up for being part of the first annual GMG.Com World Series of Softball Scholarship Fundraiser? Seriously, you do not want to miss out on this one...going to be lots of fun!

If you would like to contribute as a sponsor, pay your registration fee or just donate to a good cause via PayPal please click here. Thanks and GMG!

• Upvote 4

Bump...need to keep this top of the pile until it gets pinned and moved to the appropriate site...thanks for understanding the need to just "bump" this every once in a while early on...

• Upvote 1

In!

Very excited about this game and grateful to Ragemaster5000, Kram and Coach Hubbard for getting this set up to succeed.

Need some captains to step up to draft team and provide as much coaching as a charity game such as this allows or needs.

Lots of things in play here: Would love to get a few NT alumni softball players to join us. Definitely looking for our female posters to play. Going to miss the microphone musings of bstnsportsfan3...anyone else want to volunteer their announcer player-smack skills?

Shirt size: L

• Upvote 2

I would like to but recuperating from knee surgery after the football game in April. Meniscus and Micro fracture surgery doesn't bode well for this game. Maybe I'll be ready for next year.

Dude....play catcher...don't kneel down...hit and we can have a runner for you.

I'm in. Look foward to puting faces with some of your names.

Are you playing? Just need to know..if so and need your shirt size if playing.

Edit: oops..my bad... You said you were in! Many thanks....what t-shirt size??

Edited by KRAM1

Great early response here folks...got each of you down...the early response is very encouraging.

Ladies.....where are you? We need you and I know we have some ladies who have "game". So, come on...it's slo pitch softball after all and it is going to be great fun....Thor might even share a beer or two with you at the tailgate.

Special note: we are working on a 50/50 pot deal like the basketball game, but this would be taking a shot at hitting a fast pitched softball from a recent UNT softball pitcher....longest hit in bounds would split the pot...50 cents per swing or three for a dollar! Think you can hit a softball thrown by a D1 player??? This will be big time fun to try...and probably to watch as well!

And beer...I'm good!

And no way in hell could I hit a fast pitch kramster!!!

But..you would probably try..just close your eyes and take a cut. Blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile, right? :-)

Our First Lady is in the house folks. Got a PM....."HQ" is the first to break the gender barrier for the first ever GMG.Com World Series of Softball. Many thanks....

So...ladies....you will not be alone...I know you are out there and I know you can play....come on...pretty please????