I've been on that bridge many, many times. This country's infrastructure scares me at times...especially in a state like ours with clay soil and our nation's aversion to road repair.

Edited by MDH

Republicans in congress won't do anything that President Obama supports such as fixing infrastructure; which would also put folks back to work. Instead, they continue to do nothing but manufacture lies about the president. Oklahoma republicans want relief for tornadoes in their state but voted against relief for Hurricane Sandy because it was in a blue state. Outragious!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Republicans in congress won't do anything that President Obama supports such as fixing infrastructure; which would also put folks back to work. Instead, they continue to do nothing but manufacture lies about the president. Oklahoma republicans want relief for tornadoes in their state but voted against relief for Hurricane Sandy because it was in a blue state. Outragious!

Partisan much?

• Downvote 6

Republicans in congress won't do anything that President Obama supports such as fixing infrastructure; which would also put folks back to work.

I don't think that infrastructure projects really lead to that many additional jobs people like think. If it did then the 800+ billion dollar "stimulus" spending would have helped get unemployment down faster. Instead we floated around 9% for almost 2 years.

......voted against relief for Hurricane Sandy because it was in a blue state. Outragious!

That isn't why they voted against that bill. They voted against the bill for Sandy relief because it was full of pork spending...(a common practice with bills)...that would have diverted money needed by Sandy Hurricane victims to other projects, and instead demanded that if they wanted those projects paid for in the same bill then the money needed for them need to come from cuts elsewhere. But that doesn't fit the left's talking points.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

That isn't why they voted against that bill. They voted against the bill for Sandy relief because it was full of pork spending...(a common practice with bills)...that would have diverted money needed by Sandy Hurricane victims to other projects, and instead demanded that if they wanted those projects paid for in the same bill then the money needed for them need to come from cuts elsewhere. But that doesn't fit the left's talking points.

Rick

But Rick, that's not nearly as funny as anything Corbert or the Daily Show is pitting out there.

Come on, man, if it ain't full of sarcastic, witty smugness that the youth of today call humor news, it just ain't true.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

But Rick, that's not nearly as funny as anything Corbert or the Daily Show is pitting out there.

Come on, man, if it ain't full of sarcastic, witty smugness that the youth of today call humor news, it just ain't true.

This guy?

220px-John_Corbett.jpg

Never really had a strong opinion either way.

I talk to my highway bridges everyday and make sure that they are ready to be competitive in the marketplace. I don't count on the transportation administration to prepare my bridges, because I'm a parent. If everyone else would take more of an active role raising their lil' highways we wouldn't have this problem. More money is not the answer!

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2

I talk to my highway bridges everyday and make sure that they are ready to be competitive in the marketplace. I don't count on the transportation administration to prepare my bridges, because I'm a parent. If everyone else would take more of an active role raising their lil' highways we wouldn't have this problem. More money is not the answer!

I've just taken to home-bridging.

• Upvote 2

I was going to reply, but FFR beat me to the point. Funny how the truth got negative points. Since he beat me to that, I'll go with what I bolded above:

Benghazi cover-up

Fast and Furious

IRS scandal

Corrupt DOJ

Journalism scandal

Skyrocketing Debt

Calling the Fort Hood massacre "workplace violence," then continuing to pay Hassan over $270,000 in salary while the victims families can't get anything.

Then again, in his own words, he wasn't aware of any of this. It is so bad now that even his minions in the media have turned on him, but just keep believing the Republicans are blocking his every move for the sake of being a pain in his rear. Thank goodness they aren't rubberstamping his crap. All his public works projects have to be paid by us resulting in an increase in taxes, bigger government and an increase in the national debt.

• Downvote 4