DL Xavier Washington 6-1, 238 4.85 Cedar Hill (offer)

Harry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't put all your marbles in one bag or all hopes on one signee. You set yourselves up for a big disappointment if you do.

Getting the "X" factor at UNT would be huge, but there are a helluva bunch of kids who play Texas HS football as in....160,000? And amazingly, UT, TAMU and others in our state cannot sign all of them.

We obviously have coaches who can sign, develop and coach projects much like most schools at the NCAA FBS level have to do, too.

Still (and once again) signing Xavier would be a good start in this our new era of winning football at North Texas.

GMG!

• Upvote 2

haha. Well I suspect you don't watch much football or have any idea how to evaluate TALENT. The kid is a freak. If he was 6'3 he would be getting offers from dang near every P5 school. He could play for those schools now but they won't or haven't taken a chance on him yet. He would change our defense in a hurry if he signed.

• Upvote 1

haha. Well I suspect you don't watch much football or have any idea how to evaluate TALENT. The kid is a freak. If he was 6'3 he would be getting offers from dang near every P5 school. He could play for those schools now but they won't or haven't taken a chance on him yet. He would change our defense in a hurry if he signed.

Washington is at the top of my wish list and he would headline the class for me along with Tee Goree and Fonzale Davis, but I watched him play one game live and he got worked all game against Allen by their junior, now rising senior, left tackle Bobby Evans who is a 4-star and already committed to Oklahoma. The questions about his height are not completely bogus.

That being said, I really hope we get him and I think he would be in the rotation from day 1 here. He could become a starter by conference play with some seasoning. I'd just personally hold off on calling him a defense changer until I see him go against 6'5"+ college tackles consistently.

• Upvote 2

Understood on wanting to hold off but the explosiveness and plays made in the biggest stage he could play on (state championship game) he dominated the Katy O-line all game long. He's probably not the first or last D1 player who the Allen Tackle will dominate that kid is salty as can be. That being said I'll stick with my defensive game changer statement until proven otherwise. I think he has the talent to be that for UNT. Only time will tell, Billy, when do Freshman get to report? July?

Understood on wanting to hold off but the explosiveness and plays made in the biggest stage he could play on (state championship game) he dominated the Katy O-line all game long. He's probably not the first or last D1 player who the Allen Tackle will dominate that kid is salty as can be. That being said I'll stick with my defensive game changer statement until proven otherwise. I think he has the talent to be that for UNT. Only time will tell, Billy, when do Freshman get to report? July?

Lol on calling the kid salty, as he is. But yes, that was a good Katy line he dominated, at least for the high school level. I hope X is a game changer. I also hope he helps set the edge on the run game if we get him. We have some solid pass-rushing ends coming back (Mason, Polk, Q Brown) but we could really use Washington coming in 240+ and helping against the run.

Yes, they report in July.