DL Xavier Washington 6-1, 238 4.85 Cedar Hill (offer)

Harry

apexmom, you are correct in how many of the "big" schools just look at the measurables. I would present to you Lance Dunbar, Patrick Cobbs, Johnny Quinn, Brelan Chancellor, Brandon Booger Kennedy, Andy Brewster, etc... as players that were supposedly not the right size for the big schools that succeeded at North Texas enough to play in the NFL, become Hall of Famers at NT or All-Century Team Members. We excel with those young men.

• Upvote 2

I know Xavier is not worried about how he's ranked, becuase those stars don't mean anything when you step out on the field. Play with your heart and not with your stars. But since X is an academic achiever as well, he will take his visits and weigh all his options. No decision has been made. Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 5

As someone with a cousin committed to SMU I've read fan boards that criticized his size and ability to play lineman at the next level too. I understand that these are public forums and usually not representative of how the entire fan base feels. I can assure you he will feel nothing but love from the mean green nation and wish him luck no matter what his decision!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know Xavier is not worried about how he's ranked, becuase those stars don't mean anything when you step out on the field. Play with your heart and not with your stars. But since X is an academic achiever as well, he will take his visits and weigh all his options. No decision has been made. Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!

You've got that right! If he goes the academic route & decides to play for Yale, I won't even be mad.

But out of those other offers... UNT has some serious advantages. Go Mean Green!

Personally, after attending the Katy/Cedar Hill state title game and watchng film I would put "X" as my #1 target...even above some who are already on board. I have high hopes for every player that is in the 2014 class but Xavier is the player I most want to see in green next year.

Yeah, Emmitt and I were there to see it live. We both were blown away with his motor, chasing backs from sideline to sideline, beating double teams. He's the real thing.

If we get him this class will be incredible.

Rick

• Upvote 2