DL Xavier Washington 6-1, 238 4.85 Cedar Hill (offer)

Harry

Lol u don't kno what they feeding him

:thumbsu: You are absolutely right ! None of us know what any of the coaches from any collegiate outpost are saying and that's the way it should be. Most all on these message boards are merely guessing much of the time. It's just the nature of all NCAA FBS level college message forums to do this. Almost like being at a sports bar with a bunch of hot sports opinions being spewed all over the place. :)

Funny story: During one particular recruiting season former OU HFC Barry Switzer told 3 recruits..... "you will be a Heisman Trophy recipient at OU"...... after all 3 had shared each of their recruiting experiences with the main man at OU. ;)

Obviously, a recruit needs to go where he feels it's the right fit; that is, the place that fits all his personal criteria and even how it fits his family's situation, too, but that is also an opinion.

THIS: North Texas has an obvious need for defensive linemen this recruiting season and that mostly due to several from our 2013 team who will be graduating this May. Seems we also have openings on the 2014 Mean Green 2 deep that clearly indicates a freshman DL would get a whole bunch of playing time during their true freshmen year. So it would most likely be a safe bet to say there won't be any incoming UNT freshmen DL's who would redshirt their 1'st year at North Texas.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Lol u don't kno what they feeding him

if he's talking to Jaime Christian, he is being told whatever he wants to hear to get him to commit.

Just a gut feeling, but I dont trust that dude. He's a salesman. He gets results though. He comes off a person that would negatively recruit by talking bad about other teams. Some do it, some dont.

UH has a very nice presentation and nice facilities. Now that the new stadium is coming, it should be even more impressive.

I would assume they did what a lot of schools do and show him tape. They put a guy up there that is not that good, or show a players worst plays. They tell him we need you to replace this guy. Recruit sees the horrible film and thinks, I can take this dude's position. School says we can suit you up and put you on the field right now.

X is not your average recruit. I am assuming this based on his ivy league offer and that he must handle his business in the classroom.

Things other than football will factor in his decision. Family has already been mentioned. I would also think major and academics would too.

Edited by GOMG2013
  • Upvote 4

This appears to be a two team battle for X's services (right now) between UNT and UH. His twitter is lighting up! Seems like a really good guy well grounded. He will do great wherever he goes but I sure hope he chooses North Texas.

Well if he is coming in this weekend I'd be willing to bet he will be at the MTSU game Saturday night. There needs to be a great showing at the game. It also doesn't hurt that the football team will be honored at some point at this game. So if you aren't doing anything Saturday night, there ya go. GMG

• Upvote 2

Well if he is coming in this weekend I'd be willing to bet he will be at the MTSU game Saturday night. There needs to be a great showing at the game. It also doesn't hurt that the football team will be honored at some point at this game. So if you aren't doing anything Saturday night, there ya go. GMG

If the team will be there so will the recruits. if you are a fan you need to be there it will be a big nite for UNT and you don't want to miss it.

How could X not pick UNT now! That is like an endorsement from Chuck Norris. Oh who am I kidding... A VonErich can take a Norris any day.

How could X not pick UNT now! That is like an endorsement from Chuck Norris. Oh who am I kidding... A VonErich can take a Norris any day.

Exactly! Getting props from the master of the Iron Claw is the real deal.

• Upvote 1

The Von Erichs, Stone Cold?

X, I know you are a smart guy that will be a brain surgeon or some such if the NFL doesn't end up being in your future, but if you come to UNT, you have the option of professional wrestling, also.

Apex? The X man?

Even the name possibilities are endless!!

It's just meant to be, Xavier.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1