Looks like the UNT men will stand pat (for now) with recruiting class

Harry

Well we lost out on a PF to Texas State...

MICHA'EL EMANI GANT

"I made a final decision to sign with Texas State mainly because I was more comfortable with the coaching staff and feel like I can become a big part of their program," said Gant. "It was a tough decision for myself. I was 50/50 between Texas State and North Texas. In the end, I feel really good about my choice."

Wow.

Just wow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IP address lol... I only get on here once in a blue moon, but I'm fascinated by the negativity in EVERY SPORT of my alma mater? I got a chance to see Zach almost 50 times because my wife used to teach him (&Julius fwiw), took an interest in him coming here. Really was hoping he did, but you're nuts if you think any of us would turn down the chicks in Tucson. I Got on & was shocked, sad thing is there's only about 6-7 guys that are always making the same argument. Ive met this staff before & seem like nice guys who've had success. DM me and I'll gladly trade information sir. But for the rest of us that have better things to do, like a tee time, go mean green!

See, your new.

Hang around for 3 or 4 years, watch UNT consistently blow opportunities (like last year in basketball), watch coaches that would be long gone anywhere else hang around because "we can't afford" (translation- money matters more than success) to fire them, and you, too, will be just a tad soured.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

See, your new.

Hang around for 3 or 4 years, watch UNT consistently blow opportunities (like last year in basketball), watch coaches that would be long gone anywhere else hang around because "we can't afford" (translation- money matters more than success) to fire them, and you, too, will be just a tad soured.

first, i think he's just new to the board not to following our sports, so i'm guessing he has an idea of what's going on.

second, is this your "get 'em while they're young" initiative, before they "burry their head in the sand"? should anyone who has less than 20 posts and makes a non negative statement expect a flower and a pamphlet explaining the errors or their ways?

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2

So here is what we ended up with:

1 good HS prospect

1 JUCO

1 1 year transfer

1 HS project who avgeraged 3 pts while coming off the bench for his hs team

1 mystery HS project who left his team halfway through the season.

Glad that Benford is getting time to get his players in here

2 JUCO one is an All American and HS prospect that was top 100 ? I guess you can spin it anyway you want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HS prospect that was top 100

Who do we have coming in that was even on the rivals 150? If you're thinking of Wesley... I think he's a topaz that's shining so bright compared to the other unpolished gems, some people have him confused with a diamond. Which is sad, because looking at how Tony Mitchell has been criticized for not putting up 20 and 10 every night... The griping about a talented but developing Wesley could get even uglier.

Anyway... It sucks that we have an open slot on our bench right now. But, at least we didn't give it to any kid off the street dumb enough to take it, just to yank it back out from under him if someone better came along in a few months. Better an open seat than a game of musical chairs that screws an 18 year old out of his education.

first, i think he's just new to the board not to following our sports, so i'm guessing he has an idea of what's going on.

second, is this your "get 'em while they're young" initiative, before they "burry their head in the sand"? should anyone who has less than 20 posts and makes a non negative statement expect a flower and a pamphlet explaining the errors or their ways?

Not the errors of the ways, more of a what to expect when expecting type of pamphlet.

Who do we have coming in that was even on the rivals 150? If you're thinking of Wesley... I think he's a topaz that's shining so bright compared to the other unpolished gems, some people have him confused with a diamond. Which is sad, because looking at how Tony Mitchell has been criticized for not putting up 20 and 10 every night... The griping about a talented but developing Wesley could get even uglier.

Anyway... It sucks that we have an open slot on our bench right now. But, at least we didn't give it to any kid off the street dumb enough to take it, just to yank it back out from under him if someone better came along in a few months. Better an open seat than a game of musical chairs that screws an 18 year old out of his education.

I doubt anyone is going to confuse Wesley with a 5 star recruit.

However, he has by far the most potential of anyone in this class. I hope and think a couple of these recruits will be players, but I don't understand how anyone would think this is a good class. Wesley was a good early pick up that NT probably would not have had a shot at later on. Nunn actually was a good recruit early also, but disappeared almost literally his senior year. Friar and Flanagan have some good physical attributes, but neither can be labeled anymore than projects. Voss has possibilities but if he is at 285 lbs like Benford stated, then I wonder how effective he will be. I am also not all that excited about Vaughs a one year pick up who played off the bench at George Mason.

Not anything to do with your post, but anyone who takes a coach's comments on his recruits without a lot of skepticism is more than gullible.

Amen.

• Upvote 1