Off season topic: Who are you?

Harry

Where do you live/family: Oak Lawn/Highland Park area of Dallas. Married in June of 2012. No kids, about to get a Corgi.

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 2010 BS Acct/MS Tax

Favorite NT Memory: Lucky Lou's

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Oklahoma St home bball game, my first UNT bball game. Vital part in getting interested in UNT sports.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Surprise, AZ - married, 3 sons and lots of coyotes, quail, roadrunners, and prairie dogs

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 2002 BA in Poli Sci, BA in General Studies, BFA in Art. Finished coursework for MA in 05 and hated everything about the thesis I was writing so it's officially incomplete.

Favorite NT Memory: So many new friends and great times, but probably just the realization from all of it that we can change what seemed to be predestined both in ourselves and in the world around us.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Everything from rushing the field to bringing down goalposts to winning fans of the game as Mean Green Kiss to the Bowl win in 02...almost all of the games were good memories for me because I have the bizarre luck to rarely be at games when we lose.

Funny thing about this thread, I figured out who at least a couple of you are :P

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton; married, 3-kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: Graduated from A&M 1996 but I love UNT and A&M

Favorite NT Memory: Praying on 911 at the Whisper Fountain

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Beating Texas Tech at the Super Pit and rushing the floor

• Upvote 1

Where do you live? I live in Dallas, Texas; originally from Waxahachie, Tx

What Year Did I Attend UNT: I did not attend UNT; rather I attended UTA; But my husband

and I made the decision for him to be a full time student and get his Masters in Business at UNT. We

were very active on campus with students and professors alike. We followed UNT Sports because

although my husband played college ball for UTA, they dropped football which was a major disappointment

to all the students expecially, the ex-lettermen.Can you just imagine what it was like? So we "followed" UNT Sports starting in 1963.

A number of years later our son received his Marketing Degree from UNT. He fell in love with the school and

has been very active in support as we were. Also, Many of my Zeta Tau Alpha Sisters reside on the UNT campus each year.

My favorite UNT memory: A lot of my friends from Waxahachie graduated from UNT and I loved being invited to the games

with them. It was such a happy place to be. The fans had such a great time at the games. It was real there. I think it still is.

The fans support the team no matter what! And just look at what has been accomplished; truth be told.

My favorite memory is a flashback of just seeing our family attend the games through the years; There was something really wonderful about sticking it out for a team/school no matter what the weather. Winning was always fun but, being a fan and helping grow a team is highly rewarding.Especially if you are making friendships with people who feel the same way about staying with a school to watch it grow.

• Upvote 6

Where do you live/family: Fort Worth with my beautiful wife of 8 years, our six year old daughter and our one year old son

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: Anticipated graduation in 2015, BA Radio/Television/Film

Favorite NT Memory: Working on building them, but so far it was stepping onto the campus for the first time at orientation in January. As a "non-traditional student" (I'm over 30) this is an event a long time in the making for me. I'm proud to finally be in the final stages of earning my degree.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: I see this occurring in the near future -- taking my daughter to her first football game this coming Fall at Apogee!

• Upvote 3

Live in Granbury/Fort Worth (it's complicated)

Degree: BS in Kinesiology, Graduated in 1990 (duh)

Favorite UNT memory: 2 hours of basketball starting at 4PM every week day in the PEB. Good Luck Rodeo on any coin Thursday night. Most memorable class was Anatomy/physiology with the one and only Dr.Lott. Hardest/best professor I experienced at UNT. Plus the keg party he threw for his students at the end of Spring semester was pretty unreal. When I asked him if he was worried about consequences for the underage drinking, his response was a classic "F em, I got tenure."

Favorite UNT sports memory: while in school - tie between the 1988 UT road game robbery and the 1988 miracle come back against NE Louisiana in basketball. Down 11 with about a minute to play and won in overtime. After Grad best moment.- Hot Springs last year. 1st conference basketball tournament I had been to, and was a hoot.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

live/family Midland, TX, married with 2 kids

degree BS in Kinesiology, 1992. Should have been earlier but changed major multiple times and sat out 3 long semesters.

favorite NT memory Being a charter member of Sigma Chi, friends from the Kines. Dept., O'Tay's, too many to list...

favorite NT sports memory SMU game at Fouts with fight at halftime, 02 NMSU game, 01 NOLA Bowl, games as a kid at the Men'sGyml, Super Pit and Fouts, the opening of Apogee, going to the game at A&M in 88 I think and using a fake name for relational purposes, the filming of Necessary Roughness and getting to meet Kathy Ireland

• Upvote 3

live/family Irving Tx ....no wife...no kids... 2 dogs
degree BAS in Poli Sci 2007.
favorite NT memory The parties on Hickory St and the Miami Vice house.... Lou's....College women.... the atmosphere of Denton as a whole.
favorite NT sports memory 2 separate goal post tearing down incidents 03 and 04....Texas Tech basketball win a couple of years back... 1st half of Houston and seeing all of the people clad in green. Hopefully the best memories are yet to come!

Where do you live/family: Forney, TX ; married, 2-kids

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1986 BS Computer Science

Favorite NT Memory: Tutoring a gal at Clark Hall in "Introduction to Logic" - and then getting introduced to how she said thanks for the great tutoring ;-)

Favorite NT Sports Memory: 1988 - Men's BB winning the Southland Conference Title at the Super Pit and then playing the Tar Heels in Round 1 of the NCAA Tournament (our first trip)

• Upvote 3

Where do you live/family: Austin, TX

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: Currently Attending (2016 - PhotoJourn.)

Favorite NT Memory: Only been attending for one year, but so far it's just the Denton / North Texas atmosphere. Nothing beats it.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: I sadly haven't been around to experience as much as some of the regulars on here but mine would have to be the LaLa ESPN2 game. The majority of the week leading up to and during the game, my friends and I assumed we were done for, but the epic comeback made for an awesome week.

• Upvote 3

Live in: prosper with my wife/ future all conference Unt qb coming in July.

Degree: started as business finished as sociology

Favorite Unt memory: like so many on here, so many, but 802 Massey and fry street tavern have got to stick out.

Favorite Unt sport memory: the season after the '02 nmsu goalpost tear down, we were at a Unt memorabilia auction that was at one of the football games, and there was a picture of my buddy riding the goalpost from that game with his hat up like he was riding a bull. Priceless. Yeah he bought it and still has it hanging on the wall in his man cave.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton, with my special gal who is also an alum.
Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 2011 BA Photojournalism
Favorite NT Memory: Discovering that former Provost Howard Johnson plagiarized the UNT Academic Plan and busting him for it / Falling in love with the most beautiful girl on campus.
Favorite NT Sports Memory: THIS :ass:

gallery_35327_175_355126.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Upvote 1

Where do you live/family:. Allen, TX / married with 3 kids, dog, and a bird

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT:. BA in Computer Science, minor in Music /. Started in 1986 and graduated in 1990.

Favorite NT Memory: Life in the Penthouse at Kerr Hall.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: blowing out Baylor at Fouts

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family:. Canyon, Texas with wife of 8 months, 7wk-old baby boy, 5 dogs, & 1 snake.

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT:. MS, 1978, Ph.D. 1988

Favorite NT Memory: 1) walking home across campus following a snow storm with my then fiancee. 2) watching the streaking in the late 70s.
Favorite NT Sports Memory: watching Booger & his buddies sack the UT QB over-and-over at Memorial Stadium.

• Upvote 1

I live in Frisco, married, one 5 month old daughter

BS Accounting 2008

Favorite UNT memory would be the Fry street fairs of the late 90's early 00's

Favorite UNT sports memory would be the Baylor beatdown and 4 trips to NO for the bowl games.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Southern California (after 15 years in denton) Single and mobile

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: the 90s/ no degree (so close too)

Favorite NT Memory: Fry St fairs and music scene, breakfast at Jim's diner after a long night, living so cheap next to Fry St. all the great people I met

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Many to choose from but has to be the Texas Tech game in 1997, I was an emotional wreck after that game. Keith and I ran onto the field but didn't know what to do once we got down there. Also the first year of the old MGC. Didn't know that so many people were like me and lived and died Mean Green. Everybody pitched in and we had some great tailgates. At Baylor was probably the best, man that was fun.

Sure, we've had more losses than wins and nobody wants to win more than me but all the people I've met, conversations and debates had, and great times (the ones I can remember) have made it all worth it. Will be even better when the ship gets turned around. This board can be dumb (my posts included) but don't regret going to UNT or being a Mean Green fan. I'll probably move back to Denton some day and hope to be the old guy that goes to every game of every sport. GMG.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: North Dallas

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BA Biology and Spanish- 1996

Favorite NT Memory: So many....Sig Ep house events, Delta Lodge Fire, Kerr Hall, good professors, overall environment/people

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Listening to George Dunham first say "Do you believe in the Mean Green?" on the radio during the 1997 Texas Tech game while I was camping with my future wife

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Denton, Live with my girlfriend.

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BS in Integrative Studies, Currently attending, Graduating December '13 (I'm on the 6 year degree plan)

Favorite NT Memory: Watching my girlfriend give the keynote speech at Honors Day.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Pretending to be late to a dinner with some friends, sitting in a car outside the restaurant listening to Lance Dunbar become the leading rusher against MTSU.

• Upvote 3

Where do you live/family: Fort Worth. No wife or kids.

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: BA Music 2003

Favorite NT Memory: All those trips to Dan's Bar to see Slobberbone. Sitting in Kenton Hall to watch the One O'Clock rehearse. Many, many other hazy memories that would be better said at a tailgate.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Many football memories, especially grateful to see Booger and Cobbs throughout their career. But I would have to say, watching Chris Davis play in the Pit was a joy, and being in the Northeast on a mini vacation in March 2007. Me and my best friend from UNT (who returned to NJ after he graduated in 2001 or 2002) got to watch the Memphis game together.

• Upvote 2

Where do you live/family: Midland, Texas /three "kids", two with NT degrees plus an Aggie grad

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: Mathematics--- Graduated 1966, and 1975

Favorite NT Memory: I was a "charter resident" of College Inn .... The guys on my floor my senior year were diverse, crazy and fun. "Animal House" could have taken notes from some of them.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: As a student: MVC basketball games and especially defeating Cincinnati in 1965. Some of their players had been national champions two years earlier...........

Later: Defeating TxTech in Lubbock by coming from behind in what became known as the "tortilla game", My kids and Tech-alum wife were with me. .....

Not exactly sports..... The final game at Fouts, My future son-in law asked me in middle of the field after the game about marrying my daughter.

• Upvote 4

WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Irving, Married, 2 kids.

DEGREE: B.S. Education, 1985

FAVORITE NT MEMORY. Toga parties at Sammy House

FAVORITE NT SPORTS MEMORY: Watching Longhorn fans quietly leave their stadium after a victory. Because even they knew NT really won that game. 2. Getting kicked out of Kyle field for wearing a green shirt on the a&m alumni side and refusing to stand for the aggie fight song. They said I was trying to start a riot.

• Upvote 3

Where do you live/Family: Corpus Christi, Widower

Degree/Year attended/Graduated UNT: Last year attended 1960, no degree

Favorite NT Memory: Receiving word (1956) that I had been accepted to North Texas State College and would be granted a 45 day early release from the military (Navy) to make Fall classes.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Basketball games at the Snake Pit. The whole building would rock !

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 3

Where do you live/Family: Argyle, married

Degree/Year attended/Graduated UNT: MA in Art Education 2010

Favorite NT Memory: The many nights on Fry Street

Favorite NT Sports Memory: The groundbreaking for Apogee. Win over Indiana. Dunbar's record game against MTSU. Beating Tech at the Pit. Beating SMU at Fouts. Beating Baylor at Fouts. Seven overtimes against FIU. The Navy game.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live/family: Richmond, VA. Wife and 2.5 kids (beagle for the .5)

Degree/Year attended/graduated UNT: 1995 BA in Social Science

Favorite NT Memory: Hanging out at the BSU (now BSM) building and all the great friendships built there.

Favorite NT Sports Memory: Everything around the first game at Apogee.

• Upvote 1