Abbe arrested

Harry

People, he hasn't even finished his 3rd year. It's way too soon to make any decisions about letting him go.

Granted, not everything has gone perfectly. And I definitely agree that some of the decisions he's made could be criticized if someone wants to look at things with a negative perspective. But, I think we have to give him at least 4 years before declaring the Abbe experiment a success or failure.

4 arrests? Nelson Mandela was arrested FIVE times. And he spent 27 years in prison. If South Africa had given up on him after 3 years, where would their program be now?

If, at the end of Year 4, he hasn't made progress... Then, maybe, we don't bring him back again. But I think it's absurd to think we can pass judgment based on this limited period of time.

Must've been hanging out with those rogue basketball players. If he had a father figure like Benford all would be ok.

In all seriousness, this is inexcusable. We had a veritable lynch mob lined up on this very board when Jim Jim was caught for shoplifting (choice of terms intentional) but now we have people saying that we should "save our indignation" and making reference to threads about favorite beer? Hmmmm

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I think we should just wait and see rather than play judge and jury. I'm certainly not defending him because this definitely sux, but as far as I know he ran into one of his former arresting officers who "kinda" had it in for him, and he refused to blow (for whatever reason) even though he had only put down 3-4 beers. Of course I'm being optimistic with that thought but you never know. I am definitely curious about that unknown arrest though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the mystery third arrest had something to do with urinating in public. I know from experience that you've got to be fall down drunk or just a total ass to get more than a citation for that one.

Mine was a "finish up there and then come have a chat with me"...followed by a $180 ticket.

• Upvote 2

Well, of our 6 remaining scholarship defensive tackles, 4 of them arrived here as defensive ends (Boutwell, Lincoln, Orr, and Watson). The other two are Sir Calvin and the undersized Haboul.

I think it's only a matter of time until Wylie Reinhardt gets moved to defensive tackle from tight end. Also, I think Syd Moore will claim a starting spot sooner this year rather than later.

Syd Moore's highlights:

He might only be 6'0" 260 lbs, but he's relentless, explosive, and dominated. 34 tackles for loss last year. You want guys who dominated in high school, not were impressive every now and then. See why 247 had him at 3 stars and our highest ranked commit when he first committed.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1333525/sydrick-moore

Wylie Reinhardt:

About 6'4" 265 lbs. He has the frame to grow into and he's athletic for a big guy, strong, and nasty. You need your d-lineman to have some nasty in them.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/348199/wylie-reinhardt

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

I think we should just wait and see rather than play judge and jury. I'm certainly not defending him because this definitely sux, but as far as I know he ran into one of his former arresting officers who "kinda" had it in for him, and he refused to blow (for whatever reason) even though he had only put down 3-4 beers. Of course I'm being optimistic with that thought but you never know. I am definitely curious about that unknown arrest though.

That mugshot does not look like the work of 3-4 beers. More like 24.

• Upvote 1

24650364.jpg

You kids with your hip hop pictures and videos.

The only reason to have pictures at all is either to have polaroids commemorating all the carbuerators you've rebuilt, or tasteful images of Ann Margaret to accompany each month on the calendar.

Well, of our 6 remaining scholarship defensive tackles, 4 of them arrived here as defensive ends (Boutwell, Lincoln, Orr, and Watson). The other two are Sir Calvin and the undersized Haboul.

I think it's only a matter of time until Wylie Reinhardt gets moved to defensive tackle from tight end. Also, I think Syd Moore will claim a starting spot sooner this year rather than later.

Syd Moore's highlights:

He might only be 6'0" 260 lbs, but he's relentless, explosive, and dominated. 34 tackles for loss last year. You want guys who dominated in high school, not were impressive every now and then. See why 247 had him at 3 stars and our highest ranked commit when he first committed.

Wylie Reinhardt:

About 6'4" 265 lbs. He has the frame to grow into and he's athletic for a big guy, strong, and nasty. You need your d-lineman to have some nasty in them.

Let's hop Sid aces his finals --- we really could use him.

Syd Moore's highlights:

Wylie Reinhardt:

Just from looking at the twitter feed here on GMG, Wylie a.k.a. Big Dawg is going to have cut back on his twitter time to have any time for Div ! ball. LOL!

• Upvote 1