Abbe arrested

Harry

Yes, a DWI is a serious offense. First, somebody needs to see if Abbé has an alcohol problem or is this a one time mistake. He will play plenty for the mistake and may not have a choice in leaving the team due to having to get a job. But I don't think, unless he has a problem or has had discipline issues, that he should be dismissed from the team. Hopefully he can learn and grow for the better from this.

• Upvote 2

I hate to hear of a of anyone getting a DWI. More importantly I am relieved no one was hurt. I would save the righteous indignation until we see a line of cabs picking up folks after every game and at every bar. Mr Abbe will receive enough punishment from the justice system. I think that should suffice.

Lets start another thread about favorite beers and green punch and see how this unfolds?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Which is worse in the eyes of the Mean Green fans; Shoplifting (theft) or driving under the influence of alcohol ? Abbé is a senior. Is he over 21 ?

Still technically a junior, but yes. He's 21.

I think DUI is worse personally, but I have some bias as one of my family members was in a DUI accident that resulted in a death. Somber stuff for the board I know, but it happens when operating a vehicle under the influence.

• Upvote 1

Which is worse in the eyes of the Mean Green fans; Shoplifting (theft) or driving under the influence of alcohol ? Abbé is a senior. Is he over 21 ?

Both are against the law. If he did not have the prior arrests, then he shouldn't be dismissed. It would be a double standard. Everybody wants a team of Boy Scouts and Choir Boys.

• Upvote 1

arrest for DWI, sure, but I've never heard of an arrest for suspicion of DWI.

Now I have.

It's a journalist thing. Until the charge is official you have to use words like suspicion, and according to police.

Also, this makes Syd Moore getting to campus that much more important. Dutton Watson, Sir Calvin, Austin Orr, bull, this is your chance to make plays on Saturdays.

• Upvote 2