Zach Peters visiting UNT on Thursday

Harry

Just think, a year ago everything was great with this program.

A year ago? 90, I go back to opening night at Apogee, some much hope in the air. While I did not think we had quite arrived, I thought we were close being relevant in college athletics. Johnny's team had been winning and the future looked bright. I thought we finally had hope in football. Fast forward, and the curse has only gotten a firmer hold.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 3

A year ago? 90, I go back to opening night at Apogee, some much hope in the air. While I did not think we had quite arrived, I thought we were close being relevant in college athletics. Johnny's team had been winning and the future looked bright. I thought we finally had hope in football. Fast forward, and the curse has only gotten a firmer hold.

The 2012/13 college sports year was devastating to UNT athletics.

And yet, we stay with the status quo.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I don't know Cooley. He performed very well on their pre-season European trip according to the coaches and writers. He led the team in rebounds. Self said: “He was one of our better players in Europe,”speaking of Peters. “So I do think we need him.” referencing whether or not he would need to be redshirted because of his injury issues.

Then he was lost with the rotator cuff injury it appears right as the season started (Oct 11). They said it was non surgical and he would be back in a month. Self did not want to redshirt him and there was talk about having him come back from that injury.

So to say Kansas had no interest in the kid doesn't seem fair. He has had some major injuries from which I think we all hope he recovers from. I think the bigger issue is will he be able to play this season or will he have to sit out.

I agree with Cooley on this one, I had heard they have no interest of him coming back. He was not what they thought he was going to be, so they decided to part ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good to see that this thread went to the same place that every other thread in the basketball forum has gone.

If only I could +100 you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It's been kinda quiet , but I really like our chances. We got about a week left to make the signing. Hopefully we know by this weekend

I talked to Coach Benford at Apogee on Monday during the Caravan. He said we are in good shape with several good players. From what I have read Peters just returned from a visit to Arizona, was visiting OU next, then SMU and then should be making his decision. Coach did say that he felt very good about our chances to get some good players this signing period. So, keeping fingers and toes crossed.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

They are looking for one more athletic big and a wing shooter. They seemed very pleased at our prospects of landing some really good players. I know we have some skeptics and after last season that's understandable. I'll be honest, I'm very encouraged -- say what you want but Benford can recruit and I think people are going to be impressed with the recruits he lands here.