Patriots Officially Release Brian Waters

"Six-time Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters' tenure with the New England Patriots quietly ended Tuesday.

Top 100 Players of 2013
0ap1000000164766.jpgMake sure you vote for the Top 100 players of 2013. Voting ends May 31. Get your vote in. More ...

Waters played very well for the Patriots in 2011 but then did not report to the team in 2012. Many expected Waters eventually to show up, possibly with an improved contract, but that never took place. There also were reports he'd be willing to play for a team closer to his Texas home, but thePatriots never relinquished his rights."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165578/article/new-england-patriots-release-brian-waters

God that would be awesome if the Cowboys could pick him up and let him finish here.

Well that would require the current rendering of Al Davis to actually show some football sense. Unfortunately, I doubt Brian ends up here. I hope I'm wrong though.

No offense to Brian... but claiming Jerry would be football stupid not to rush out and sign an older player coming off an entire season missed due to contract disagreements... That's a little much.

• Upvote 1

Just a reminder, Brian started his pro career with the cowboys. The brilliant football minds of Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones had a pro bowl OL playing fullback.

Just a reminder, Brian started his pro career with the cowboys. The brilliant football minds of Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones had a pro bowl OL playing fullback.

You hate the Cowboys, we get it.

Jimmy Johnson?? A little past his time, I believe?

Yeah, Jimmy left the Cowboys in '93 and Brian signed in '99.