UNT buys out final year of contract w/ UTA

NT03

Though I agree that this is one game we should try to keep on our schedule as often as possible, there is another side to consider. I think it was CMJ that pointed out that quite a few of the teams that have recently surged into relevance spent a few years playing a lot of no-name teams to give a boost to their overall W/L record. Personally, I'd rather see us keep this game and get rid of some of the others in order to schedule "cupcakes" and see if we can get that same result (copycatting isn't always a bad thing - no need to reinvent the wheel). Play one badass power team per year and hope for an upset, then add in UTA and maybe another regional team or two, and make the rest easier games to give us a boost. Pay for them with the fat check from the OU or UT or Mizzou or whoever. A conference championship would be great to get us back into the tourney, but if that's not the case we need as many wins as possible to be considered for an at-large spot.

I know there's a balance necessary to get fans in the seats, and that balance is often tipped towards either scheduling more "name" teams or getting more wins. But I'd be happy to have just a couple of known teams on the schedule with the rest of OOC being all extremely winnable games. We're not a JuCo and if we want to grow into our big boy pants, we need to win. Beat a bunch of small-timers until we are at the level of the Butlers and Marquettes and Xaviers, and then we can schedule teams at our current level who will then be easier wins because we will have grown our program into enough of a success that we will be at the grown-ups' table.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't the basketball coach control basketball scheduling?

Yes, which I have always found interesting since our A.D. schedules football. It looks like we are ducking UTA, which had the potential to be a local rival.While I don't understand nor agree with the logic behind this move,I have a hard time believing that Bedford didn't run this by R.V. before cancelling.

• Upvote 1

Yes, which I have always found interesting since our A.D. schedules football. It looks like we are ducking UTA, which had the potential to be a local rival.While I don't understand nor agree with the logic behind this move,I have a hard time believing that Bedford didn't run this by R.V. before cancelling.

Wondering what your thoughts are on your floor seats this year after having given them away for a good part of last season. Will we see you back in your usual spot this season? Hope so...missed seeing a regular in his seats looking across the way last season.

I am thinking that this team just might be fun to watch this season. Have no idea how good or not they will be entering CUSA, but seems we do have a bit of reason to think UNT will be a factor this season. What say you?

Wondering what your thoughts are on your floor seats this year after having given them away for a good part of last season. Will we see you back in your usual spot this season? Hope so...missed seeing a regular in his seats looking across the way last season.

I am thinking that this team just might be fun to watch this season. Have no idea how good or not they will be entering CUSA, but seems we do have a bit of reason to think UNT will be a factor this season. What say you?

I will be there with green shoes on. I went to the pre NIT last year and came away so disappointed that I only went to 2 home games. However,that was then and this is now, and I am looking forward to new season.[thanks for asking]

• Upvote 1

I will be there with green shoes on. I went to the pre NIT last year and came away so disappointed that I only went to 2 home games. However,that was then and this is now, and I am looking forward to new season.[thanks for asking]

Great..will be good to have you back.