UNT buys out final year of contract w/ UTA

NT03

StarTelegram

North Texas has bought out the final year of its men’s basketball contract with UT Arlington, ending, at least temporarily, the annual meeting between regional rivals, UTA officials said Wednesday

With UTA on the schedule as a road game at the College Park Center, North Texas would play more road nonconference games than home. Benford wants to add a home game.

“I just need to move the game to next year,” said Benford, whose Mean Green team finished 12-20 in his first season at the helm.

That was news to the UTA athletic department.

A UTA official said North Texas gave “no indication” that it planned to resume the series between the two former Southland Conference foes, a contest that generally represented the best attended nonconference home game for both

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

How much you think this cost us ?

I'm taking a stab in the dark here , $40,000 ?

I have no idea. Just curious

No idea. After 6 straight years and talk on both sides about how everyone loved the series, I wouldn't be shocked if buyout language was pretty lax.

Wasting money. Losing a great annual series. Taking a 30 minute "road trip" off the schedule.

Being a guy who has at least four suits, I don't understand why he keeps going with Hearts.

Poker-sm-222-Kh.png

Wow so no one on this website gets sarcasm I take it....

No...we don't...explain it to us...

We pay off Uta...effing uta...

Effing shiat...we are running from effing uta....

Please explain sarcasm to me...

• Upvote 1