Flannigan respects coaches’ dedication

Harry

North Texas head coach Tony Benford and assistant David Anwar spent a lot of time talking with and visiting Armani Flannigan up in Riverton, Wyo.

That dedication paid off when UNT signed the 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward to a national letter of intent this week.

Flannigan averaged 14.2 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season, when he earned second-team All-Region IX honors.

I built a great relationship with the coaching staff, Flannigan said Tuesday. They showed me a lot of love. Tony Mitchell being there and having success was part of it. I modeled my game after his. They see me playing a similar role. They will have me play inside and outside.

Flannigan was remarkably consistent for Central Wyoming, scoring in double figures in all but five of the 25 games he played last season while shooting 56.4 percent from the floor.

Hes very athletic and changes the games in a lot of ways, Central Wyoming coach Shelby Lindley said. Hes a good rebounder and is one one of the most athletic kids in junior college.

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130423-unt-notebook-flannigan-respects-coaches-dedication.ece