Central Wyoming coach — UNT landed elite athlete in Flannigan

Harry

Ive been trying for days and finally got a hold of Central Wyoming coach Shelby Lindley late tonight to talk about Armani Flannigan, who committed to UNT today.

Thats the way these things work sometimes. Once you get the news, everyone is OK to talk. I should get Flannigan on the phone in the next day or so.

What really stood out about what Lindley had to say is that he believes the 6-7 forward is one of the elite athletes in junior college basketball.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/04/central-wyoming-coach-unt-landed-elite-athlete-in-flannigan.html/

Sounds like we beat out a pac12, big12, and big 10 school. Nice.

No it doesn't. Quit fooling yourself.

Interest does not mean scholarship. Do you seriously think those schools would have "backed-off" because of a relationship with UNT?

If those schools had offered Flannigan, he most likely would not be a UNT commit today.

JUCO coaches have to recruit, also. Just a coach 1) saying nice things about a kid that helped his program, and 2) building his résumé with future recruits.

Nice to see a commit, but I'll hold any excitement until he signs.

Rebounding numbers are also concerning if we plan to play him at the 4 or 5 spot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Looks like message board folks know more about this guy than even his coaches. Great to have this expertise here on the board. Me, let's see how he fits in and plays once he gets to Denton. Seems we have had players who work out and players who don't. Proof is in the play once they arrive...not in hype or not before that. Here's saying "welcome to the Mean Green".... Now sign the letter and let's get about winning some BB games!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

dukes-of-hazzard-rosco-p-coltrane-flash.

Disruptive force. Real feel for the game. Hungry athlete.

Thanks.

What??????? I said "thank you" ... And that gets "hit"? Seriously? Really?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Looks like a good pickup. Kind of curious why he only verbaled instead of just signing outright.

Waiting on other offers? Hope not...at this point if you commit, you should just go on and sign.....unless....this was a thought I had as well. Hopefully, this is not one of those "place holder" commits.

Come on ... Sign already!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Waiting on other offers? Hope not...at this point if you commit, you should just go on and sign.....unless....this was a thought I had as well. Hopefully, this is not one of those "place holder" commits.

Come on ... Sign already!

Either this or his eligibility hasn't cleared yet.

• Upvote 2