Armani Flannigan commits to UNT

Harry

Armani Flannigan, a 6-8 power forward from Central Wyoming College, confirmed late Sunday night that has has orally committed to UNT.

Flannigan averaged 14.2 points and 6.6 rebounds a game as a sophomore and was named second-team All-Region IX.

Flannigan visited UNT over the weekend and left to return to Wyoming on Sunday afternoon. He confirmed in a text message that he had told UNT’s coaches that he would continue his career at the school and said that he would sign a national letter of intent in the next few days.

Flannigan will join a recruiting class that also includes three high school players who signed with UNT during the early signing period. Greg Wesley, a forward from Arlington Seguin, Tony Nunn, a center from Oldsmar Christian in Florida, and Josh Friar, a power forward from Kingwood, rounded out UNT’s early signing class.

The addition of Flannigan is a vital one for UNT, which is set to return just one player over 6-6 next season in backup center Keith Coleman as it makes the move to Conference USA.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/04/flannigan-commits-to-unt.html/

This post has been promoted to an article

Don't see much difference in his style of play (and slender build) to that of 6-7 Greg Wesley. Still have not addressed our need for a (starting) power forward and center. Hopefully help is on the way in these key areas of need.

You have three spots to give. You have to think one goes to a guard, either a point guard (or let Alzee do it) or a shooting guard like Carrington Ward. The other two need to be rebounders and shot blockers with size in the paint. That gives you some time to develop the young guys Wesley and Nunn.

All 6'8" ball players should be able to make a simple dunk. This video shows me nothing about how he can help this club do better than last year. Very standard issue stuff here.

No doubt. Wish there was some game footage of him somewhere. The kid may be able to play, but this doesn't show anything.

Hell, give me an 8' rim and replace the adults he was jumping over with a couple of 6 year olds, and I could do the same things (maybe...).

His rebounding numbers are a concern. The leading returning rebounder on this team is the point guard.

We need beef, and need it badly.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No doubt. Wish there was some game footage of him somewhere. The kid may be able to play, but this doesn't show anything.

Hell, give me an 8' rim and replace the adults he was jumping over with a couple of 6 year olds, and I could do the same things (maybe...).

His rebounding numbers are a concern. The leading returning rebounder on this team is the point guard.

Someone posted this in another thread.

• Upvote 2

Hide the women and children!

http://www.ihigh.com/wncc/broadcast_214362.html?silverlight=1

• Upvote 2