Southern Miss will make CUSA look worse in '13 - New Unis

jdennis82

I could care less who makes the uniforms. I've seen a lot of Nike merchandise that looks like crap, so what is the problem with going with Russel? They make a quality product and these uniforms aren't really that bad. There are many out there that are much, much worse like Maryland (UnderArmour) and Oregon (Nike). Why do you find these so bad?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

I could care less who makes the uniforms. I've seen a lot of Nike merchandise that looks like crap, so what is the problem with going with Russel? They make a quality product and these uniforms aren't really that bad. There are many out there that are much, much worse like Maryland (UnderArmour) and Oregon (Nike). Why do you find these so bad?

Calling Oregon's bad implies you don't get it. Sorry, bud.

• Upvote 1

Calling Oregon's bad implies you don't get it. Sorry, bud.

No, I get it bud. No continuity, change all the time, etc... I prefer a timeless look, one home, one road and maybe an alternate. I do not care for a "flash in the pan" look that changes every game. I would not like it in a house or with a mouse, in a box or with a fox. I do not like the flash in the pan, I do not like it Christopher Walker man.

• Downvote 1

#36 in their photo gallery looks like he has the old baseball umpire protector on his chest

Check the rest of the NCAA FBS, folks, this seems to be what is happening at more collegiate outposts.

Like meanjoe, I'm onboard with what USM is trying to do here.

I do like the dull chalky non-glare black paint look on helmets across the NCAA as to cut down on glare among other things I presume.....wonder if the old

Mean Green could do that with their helmets? That kind of paint might look even better on our helmets than those who

use black as their primary helmet color.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

How I imagine the members of this board:

306534_418029561572976_1342858282_n.jpg

I guess I totally call the second to the left, but get me the far right guy's pants, STAT.

Who is Christopher Walker ?

That'd be me.

He won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 1979 for The Deer Hunter.

Christopher+Walken+The+Deer+Hunter.png

I wish. And oh the amount of people I've disappointed when they realize it's Walker and not Walken...

These uniforms really aren't that bad. Definitely not the worst I've seen the past few years. And Oregon has no taste in uniforms. When teams change their uniforms EVERY week it just means they have no tradition or culture to hang on to.

Eh...I get the argument about tradition and culture with uniforms. I do. But Oregon is unique. The constant changing of uniforms IS their culture, and new tradition.

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm young and am not as partial to the older style uni's as some of you are. But, to me, we have no place to say Oregon lacks culture or tradition when they have 60,000 in the seats every weekend and have won more games in the past 2 seasons than we have in the past 8.