MGB: Saturday scrimmage notes

Brett Vito

So Tulsa was smart enough to add a clause continuing the contract and we weren't smart enough to get the series cancelled, knowing it would leave us only 5 home games in 2014.

So 5 home games in 2 of the 1st four season of Apogee.

If we are going to act like ULM, why did we even bother leaving the Belt?

Pretty unbelievable.

This is who we are and will always be. This convinces me more than ever.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 9

Berglund pulls up lame. Is this the beginning of the great choke?? Coaches pleased with play of DT. DT is a seasoned senior in this system. Where has BB (some on this board's super hero) been in the last 3 years? Thompson has shown flashes of greatness against top competition. Who has Berglund played?

Edited by DallasGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

So Tulsa was smart enough to add a clause continuing the contract and we weren't smart enough to get the series cancelled, knowing it would leave us only 5 home games in 2014.

Pretty unbelievable.

Keeping Tulsa on the schedule is not the issue. That's smart--we ought to play them fairly regularly. The failure came where the A.D. had us playing return games at Indiana and at Tulsa in the same year.

• Upvote 2

Keeping Tulsa on the schedule is not the issue. That's smart--we ought to play them fairly regularly. The failure came where the A.D. had us playing return games at Indiana and at Tulsa in the same year.

Qualify the failure any way you want, it is still FAILURE.

And for those who mocked me when I told you 5 game home seasons were right around the corner, well, here you go.

Just forget about the statements made publicly and to club seat holders that we wouldn't have these 5 game hone seasons again.

The complete incompetency of the AD to schedule is just beyond me.

Apogee apparently changed nothing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

The post says a non-conference HOME game against Tulsa in 2014. Add SMU and four conference games. That makes six.

• Upvote 6

Berglund pulls up lame. Is this the beginning of the great choke?? Coaches pleased with play of DT. DT is a seasoned senior in this system. Where has BB (some on this board's super hero) been in the last 3 years? Thompson has shown flashes of greatness against top competition. Who has Berglund played?

Flashes of greatness??? I've seen flashes of mediocrity, maybe even flashes of good. But nothing close to greatness.

• Upvote 4

Pretty unbelievable.

Maybe i read it wrong....but it says the 2014 tulsa game will be a non-conference HOME GAME....that would still leave us with 5?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe i read it wrong....but it says the 2014 tulsa game will be a non-conference HOME GAME....that would still leave us with 5?

Math is hard for some....and reading comprehension. It is also tough when reading through turd colored glasses.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Quenton Brown ... ugh ... hopefully it's not serious.

DT vs Berglund ... I don't mind who wins the job as long as the team does well. However, if DT is the starter and plays like he did this past year he won't be the starter for long. I don't think losing 20 lbs will suddenly make him more accurate or develop good foot work.

Vito said we have a home game with Tulsa. He doesn't mention a road game so either it's a one and done or Vito just didn't mention it. Either way it's not a failure by us and it's not some great decision by Tulsa. It's is what it is.

• Upvote 4

Worrying about schedules down the road...greatness! Hey, the N. Koreans might bomb Grandbury too...why not worry about that? Seems so much more credible...and a much bigger reason to worry.

:judge:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Worrying about schedules down the road...greatness! Hey, the N. Koreans might bomb Grandbury too...why not worry about that? Seems so much more credible...and a much bigger reason to worry.

It's like you are actually doing the scheduling...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I have long and intimate knowledge of the North Korean situation. Current events, translated to English, are, Pardon us, fine brethren to the South and in America, but we seem to be running low on edible roots. Could you see fit to send up another boatload of ramen noodles? That would be swell. Thanks.

So maybe, we send up a couple orders of ribs from Metzler's and the Tulsa situation becomes a non issue.

• Upvote 6

I have long and intimate knowledge of the North Korean situation. Current events, translated to English, are, Pardon us, fine brethren to the South and in America, but we seem to be running low on edible roots. Could you see fit to send up another boatload of ramen noodles? That would be swell. Thanks.

So maybe, we send up a couple orders of ribs from Metzler's and the Tulsa situation becomes a non issue.

Throw in some brisket from Bodaciouis BBQ and it would be a done deal.

• Upvote 3

Back to the thread...I loved to 70 yard pass for a TD that Thompson threw right on the money. Anyone who thinks DT will just hand the team over to any other QB is kidding themselves. Overall, it seemed like UNT has more speed and more size. Some good, some bad today, but I do think this team is in a better spot this year at this time than was last year 's squad.

• Upvote 3