UNT to play Arizona State

NT03

I guess it just proves there are ignorant people on every university board. The lowest of the low really come out and joins these boards. The posts on there are just about as dumb as some of the posts on here.

Like your next post supporting the Cinder block of a coach that is drowning North Texas Men's Basketball?

• Upvote 1

Like your next post supporting the Cinder block of a coach that is drowning North Texas Men's Basketball?

One year... he has been here one year... he could have not won a single game and I still would have not lost hope. No one who comes on boards like this knows anything about the sport they talk about. They can list stats or talk about past players who played for a university but they have no clue how things actually work. Arizona State playing us will not really affect them. It will affect them if they lose so I am assuming that is what they are afraid off. Beating/ even playing us will really not hurt them at all. To say that it would is true stupidity.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

So the new guy comes in with,arguably, the best north Texas tear ever, wins just over half as many games as the previous did in his last year and you are OK with this? North Texas lost to uah... Monroe twice....lost in the first round of the tourney...and you are cool with this???

Color my ass confused and stupid...I really don't get it.

I don't believe for 3 seconds that you would have still supported the coach if he didn't win a single game this year...

• Upvote 2

So the new guy comes in with,arguably, the best north Texas tear ever, wins just over half as many games as the previous did in his last year and you are OK with this? North Texas lost to uah... Monroe twice....lost in the first round of the tourney...and you are cool with this???

Color my ass confused and stupid...I really don't get it.

I don't believe for 3 seconds that you would have still supported the coach if he didn't win a single game this year...

I am not "OK" with it, but I do not believe it is the end of the world. Most people are taking this way to far. Saying players (starters like CJ) will leave... no recruits will come... we will win 7 games next year... all of that is laughable. Yes we had a bad year. A lot of teams do, even with great players. It was one year under a new coach with a new system.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

One year... he has been here one year... he could have not won a single game and I still would have not lost hope. No one who comes on boards like this knows anything about the sport they talk about. They can list stats or talk about past players who played for a university but they have no clue how things actually work. Arizona State playing us will not really affect them. It will affect them if they lose so I am assuming that is what they are afraid off. Beating/ even playing us will really not hurt them at all. To say that it would is true stupidity.

Andrew, Are you really as clueless as you come across? "No one who comes on boards like this knows anything about the sport they talk about." You are correct. I spent 20 years covering HS, college, international and AAU basketball, I don't know a DAMN thing about basketball. While I may not have played on any of the levels I covered, I guarantee I understand how to break down a 2-1-2 zone and how to stop a hot player on the opposing team better than 95 percent of the the people on this board (I include you in the 95 percent). I would be glad to give you a verbal lesson, with drawings, for a very large fee. Unlike you, I value basketball knowledge.

• Upvote 3

Andrew, Are you really as clueless as you come across? "No one who comes on boards like this knows anything about the sport they talk about." You are correct. I spent 20 years covering HS, college, international and AAU basketball, I don't know a DAMN thing about basketball. While I may not have played on any of the levels I covered, I guarantee I understand how to break down a 2-1-2 zone and how to stop a hot player on the opposing team better than 95 percent of the the people on this board (I include you in the 95 percent). I would be glad to give you a verbal lesson, with drawings, for a very large fee. Unlike you, I value basketball knowledge.

That is great! Why do you not add more to the boards then? All I read is sarcastic remark after sarcastic remark. Someone once said sarcasm is the protest of weak minded people. A way to cover up knowledge while still seaming knowledgeable. That is all I see on here from a lot of people. Just share what Benford can do better then. How to actually fix the team not just "fire the coach". I do not need a verbal lesson because I do not know everything about basketball and I learn from them when I can. Share your information. That is what these boards should be used for!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

That is great! Why do you not add more to the boards then? All I read is sarcastic remark after sarcastic remark. Someone once said sarcasm is the protest of weak minded people. A way to cover up knowledge while still seaming knowledgeable. That is all I see on here from a lot of people. Just share what Benford can do better then. How to actually fix the team not just "fire the coach". I do not need a verbal lesson because I do not know everything about basketball and I learn from them when I can. Share your information. That is what these boards should be used for!

So this board is supposed to be charged with teaching Benford how to coach basketball.That's just great. Wonderful hire RV.

• Upvote 4

On a different note, this is great news for me. If we get some networking and events rolling by then, I might be able to get a big contingent of the UNT Alumni out here to go to the game with me. So I'll see you guys there whenever it is.

• Upvote 1

Ya, no one is going to be afraid to play us the next 3 years. Like the ASU fans, they will be griping because of our RPI.

Count this as loss #2 for next year.

Money games in basketball now?

Buyout money?

Edited by cwb

I don't claim to be an expert, but I have had some moments in the middle of the basketball program. That being said, I think a friend of mine's evaluation of this year's men's team said it best. "It was a cartoon character overseeing a fire drill."

I guess it just proves there are ignorant people on every university board. The lowest of the low really come out and joins these boards. The posts on there are just about as dumb as some of the posts on here.

Andrew, haven't you learned that everybody is a dumbass and you are the most intelligent guy ever. It's your job to point that out to the masses. You are going to be extremely successful in life, no doubt.

• Upvote 1

I don't claim to be an expert, but I have had some moments in the middle of the basketball program. That being said, I think a friend of mine's evaluation of this year's men's team said it best. "It was a cartoon character overseeing a fire drill."

Sitting right behind the home bench, I would agree with your friend's assessment 100%.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

What is that you don't understand. I know more about basketball than you. I want my head Men's basketball coach to know more than me. Right now he does not. My Sarcasm is my way of dealing with the ignorance that this program is facing from the leadership and the few sheep that follow blindly. Why should I tell you something that the coach should be doing? Still trying to understand you are still supporting Benford. What does he need to do to prove to you that he's not qualified to lead a Division I Men's basketball team?

• Upvote 1

What is that you don't understand. I know more about basketball than you. I want my head Men's basketball coach to know more than me. Right now he does not. My Sarcasm is my way of dealing with the ignorance that this program is facing from the leadership and the few sheep that follow blindly. Why should I tell you something that the coach should be doing? Still trying to understand you are still supporting Benford. What does he need to do to prove to you that he's not qualified to lead a Division I Men's basketball team?

The fact that he has only had one year here. One year... I do nt know many jobs that would release you after one unsuccessful year. I am talking about when you are in game chat. You are not sharing what will happen next. I have never heard you say what will happen 20 seconds down the line when the ball is brought up just based on where the players are. That is something that would be cool to discuss in the chat room with game that are viewable. I do think that Benford knows more about basketball then both you and I (maybe even combined). There is a reason that he is a head coach at the collegiate level and neither you nor I have that on our resume. That is like someone saying that they are better then a NBA player because that NBA player struggled in their first year. Where is the logic in that? If you knew more then him you would be coaching and he would most likely not even be an assistant coach. Those statements in themselves make me not want to trust you. I would never go as far to say as I know more then any head coach at just about any level.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2