Tulsa scheduling question

UNT90

So, we had a home and home with Tulsa before we joned CUSA. Was this nulified when we joined? Are we still obligated to complete that series? I think it was scheduled to start in 2014.

Does anyone know?

EDIT: We were scheduled to play at Tulsa in 2014 and then host them in 2015. The reason I ask is because if this is still a good contraxct, we will have 5 home games again next year.

Edited by UNT90

I believe it was voided when we became conference mates, but I'm not sure. This site seems to agree: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/sun-belt/2014-north-texas-mean-green-football-schedule.php

I saw that, but did they (the website) just change the schedule because they thought we were going to be conference mates (which wold have voided the ontract), or because the contract was voided.

I would assume it was voided. But you know what they say about assuming.

Edited by UNT90

I saw that, but did they (the website) just change the schedule because they thought we were going to be conference mates (which wold have voided the ontract), or because the contract was voided.

I would assume it was voided. But you know what they say about assuming.

I guess we're both assuming the same things, but both pretty much know nothing.

Regardless of what happened with this particular agreement, I would like to see Tulsa as a regular home-and-home opponent in the future.

I guess we're both assuming the same things, but both pretty much know nothing.

Regardless of what happened with this particular agreement, I would like to see Tulsa as a regular home-and-home opponent in the future.

Look to 2018 then, assuming RV doesn't do a 5 game home schedule again (which I think he will).

No room before then.

I asked Brett about the Tulsa series the other day at practice and he said he would look into it. I'm sure he will find out.

OK, admittedly I'm a pretty slow thinker nowadays but if Tulsa was a home conference game and they leave why can they not be replaced with another conference member? If they are not a conference mate and the series is cancelled why are we not free to either get a home game via FCS or begin a home and home series at Apogee?

OK, admittedly I'm a pretty slow thinker nowadays but if Tulsa was a home conference game and they leave why can they not be replaced with another conference member? If they are not a conference mate and the series is cancelled why are we not free to either get a home game via FCS or begin a home and home series at Apogee?

Because we signed a contract with them for a one and one prior to our entrance in CUSA. That contract was for a 2014 game at Tulsa and a 2015 game at UNT. Tulsa will only be in our conference for 2013.

So, to recap, contract signed before we entered CUSA for games that will occur after Tulsa leaves the CUSA. Is that contract still enforceable?

If so, 5 home games again next year.

• Upvote 1

This is a question I was asking last spring when we first joined CUSA. I would be surprised if the contract wasn't immediately cancelled since both teams would need to immediately start looking for new games.

Because we signed a contract with them for a one and one prior to our entrance in CUSA. That contract was for a 2014 game at Tulsa and a 2015 game at UNT. Tulsa will only be in our conference for 2013.

So, to recap, contract signed before we entered CUSA for games that will occur after Tulsa leaves the CUSA. Is that contract still enforceable?

This is a question I was asking last spring when we first joined CUSA. I would be surprised if the contract wasn't immediately cancelled since both teams would need to immediately start looking for new games.

Unless Tulsa already knew they were planning on heading to the _________ conference.

It probably was cancelled, but it sure would be nice to know for sure.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-belt/north-texas-mean-green.php

The above site says that it has been removed. We should still be free to schedule another home game and the league office should still schedule four home games for us (as well as four away games). Admittedly, there could be a problem if Tulsa is not replaced; at least for one member but not necessarily us.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-belt/north-texas-mean-green.php

The above site says that it has been removed. We should still be free to schedule another home game and the league office should still schedule four home games for us (as well as four away games). Admittedly, there could be a problem if Tulsa is not replaced; at least for one member but not necessarily us.

I noticed that this and every other source except UNT shows Rice game in 2013 on November 2 - not October 31.

Why would we want another home game? We never draw flies after homecoming, and when your play is this bad it is easier to stay off the metroplex radar by playing on the road. Pray for a buy out before the SMU series starts as there will be no place to hide on that one when we get thoroughly embarrassed before the whole metroplex over and over again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

You guys are just the best, you know?

The idiocy spread on here has chased off every student/younger fan, except for me (maybe). Y'all should be proud.

So you know all students/young fans who visit this site?

Either way, this series stands. HOPEFULLY, 2014 will be considered the return game for this season and that will end the series. That's the agreement that should have been made.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

There is a button you can push where you don't have to see a thing I say.

Use it. Or don't. But stop crying.

I'm not crying. You're just an ass. You hide behind cynicism and pessimism, but lets be honest, you just are an ass. Plain and simple. I don't even give a damn if I end up getting banned, but you, sir, are flat out, an asshole.

Like, it's telling that you don't even care about reaching out to students. I know nobody's on here because it is a group of about the same 10 people who post on here. None of which are students. Remember Stormchaser? Well, the jackassery afloat here ran him off, too.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I'm not crying. You're just an ass. You hide behind cynicism and pessimism, but lets be honest, you just are an ass. Plain and simple. I don't even give a damn if I end up getting banned, but you, sir, are flat out, an asshole.

Like, it's telling that you don't even care about reaching out to students. I know nobody's on here because it is a group of about the same 10 people who post on here. None of which are students. Remember Stormchaser? Well, the jackassery afloat here ran him off, too.

No, his dumbass and ridiculous comments ran him off and he didn't have the stones to listen to people call him out for his comments This board is for big boys that can defend what they say. Not for whiny pimple-faced preppy's. Don't believe me on Stormchaser, check out my signature where he predicted a 25-win season in basketball.

• Upvote 2

Stop your whining, if you're not going to **** then got off the pot. You can dish out the heat but you can't take it. I have thrown down with the best and have taken on dozens of people at once, got attacked personally AND had my posts restricted to only once every 24 hours and not once have I complained. I never thought I see the day when big bad Meangreener (and I say that with sarcasm) would complain about GMG being too tough. If you wanna see tough, go to 4chan, reddit or the Bodybuilding Misc.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

You have a lot to learn, first being not to call people names in public. Criticize my point of view or opinions, but don't make it personal.

As for my not caring about the students, I demonstrate that I do by membership to the MGC and by showing up and donating to the GMG basketball game and football game(even though I will be out of town the previous 2 days). Someday you will learn that what you do means much more than what you say.

Maybe you should ask the person you were so quick to defend how much real, financial support he provides, but that doesn't matter, because he shares your opinion.

As far as "hiding", many people I disagree with know me by first name, my picture is posted on the board in multiple places. I'm not hiding from anyone.

If the mods are reading, don't suspend this young lad. I'm a big boy and can take it.

Edited by UNT90