Todd Dodge wins Award

Harry

MARBLE FALLS — Marble Falls High School head football coach and athletic director Todd Dodge has been given many awards: USA Today’s Coach of the Year, numerous district coach of the year honors and the Dallas area’s top coach.

And yet, Dodge remains appreciative, especially when he learned he had been chosen by The Picayune readers as the 2013

“Locals Love Us” Best School Coach for the Marble Falls area.

“I was very honored,” he said with a smile. “I was pleased to receive the honor. There are a lot of outstanding coaches in The Picayune’s area.”

Oh, so we ARE allowed to keep tabs on past coaches?

Interesting.

Why is it "interesting"? Seems pretty normal to me, Harry started this thread as he does quite a few, and various folks on this board follow any number of ex-coaches including D. Dickey, H. Fry, J. Jones, T. Dodge, K. Aston, etc., etc. Not really news. Lots of us like to hear about our ex-coaches. You don't?

And, the only reason that I am responding is because you felt the need to quote my post. You probably should have quoted the guy's post who started the thread if you have some problem with it being started in the first place.

So how far did JJ take LSU into the NCAA Tournament? Wait NIT? oops...

Guess in the end he went and stayed at home just like Benford

Comparing what JJ did at LSU to what Benford did at UNT this year and implying its the same is really kinda ignorant, don't you think?

Lets compare:

JJ- most conference wins in several years

Benford- a disastrous conference record

JJ- top 10 recruiting class in the nation for his 1st full class.

Benford- what is shaping up to be one of the worst classes in CUSA and losing recruits to all-powerful programs like Eastern Michigan. Scraping the bottom of the JUCO barrel to complete a class that is still absent a true big man.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4