Dylan McDorman

Hunter Green

Alabama's offense is amazeballz, but I don't think "sexy" can be associated with it.

Dominating OL and NFL RBs. That's old school , not sexy.

They do have a big play future NFL receiver in Anari Cooper, who was a true freshman. That guy is hell on wheels. Torched secondaries all year, including Notre Dame as most of you saw.

I don't know. How many?

You can play a fun numbers game. But, I'm not pretending that either Alabama or LSU (or Kansas State, for that matter) put everything in against us. The national powers go vanilla against schools they know can name their score against.

Besides, I know you're not saying you wouldn't trade Alabama or LSU's defensive line for ours. They wouldn't trade theirs for ours no matter what stats showed in our games against them.

Our defensive line is thin in depth and small. This coaching staff has signed three classes and none have improved our defensive line.. If schools still run at will and keep their quarterbacks upright, we'll have yet another losing season - no matter how vanilla Georgia goes against us.

UNT got to McCarron 4 times, got to the LSU QB once. UNT gave up zero sacks to both Alabama and LSU. Obviously these were two different UNT teams but both of those teams run traditional drop back passing games. It is a heck of a lot easier to get to those type of QBs(UNT included) than trying to get to Klien, Aplin, Browning, Keenen or any of the assorted QBs that can get the ball out of the pocket in 1.8 Seconds from the snap. NFL teams cannot do it. That is not playing the numbers game, that is just fact.

No , I don't think those teams are worried about trading d-lines. I also know that KSU, Alabama and LSU didn't throw the book at UNT but I do know what Saban and Snyder were doing on the sideline during those games, specially during the first halves. It was not pretty which tells me the UNT was doing something right.

D1 D-linemen are about as rare a commidity as there is. Lot of prototypical D1 highschool D- linemen look real good when they go against kids that weight 100 pound less than them but it is a very different world when they move up to take on high caliber D1 O-linemen. More fail than succeed, even at the Top Tier schools.

Yes the ranks are thin and small but I do disagree about your last statement. I do believe that the Mean Green will have a winning season.

Tried not to sound too much like a Dad.

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

UNT got to McCarron 4 times, got to the LSU QB once. UNT gave up zero sacks to both Alabama and LSU. Obviously these were two different UNT teams but both of those teams run traditional drop back passing games. It is a heck of a lot easier to get to those type of QBs(UNT included) than trying to get to Klien, Aplin, Browning, Keenen or any of the assorted QBs that can get the ball out of the pocket in 1.8 Seconds from the snap. NFL teams cannot do it. That is not playing the numbers game, that is just fact.

No , I don't think those teams are worried about trading d-lines. I also know that KSU, Alabama and LSU didn't throw the book at UNT but I do know what Saban and Snyder were doing on the sideline during those games, specially during the first halves. It was not pretty which tells me the UNT was doing something right.

D1 D-linemen are about as rare a commidity as there is. Lot of prototypical D1 highschool D- linemen look real good when they go against kids that weight 100 pound less than them but it is a very different world when they move up to take on high caliber D1 O-linemen. More fail than succeed, even at the Top Tier schools.

Yes the ranks are thin and small but I do disagree about your last statement. I do believe that the Mean Green will have a winning season.

Tried not to sound too much like a Dad.

Finally, someone posting here who understands sports psychology. I'm not saying that thinking you will win makes it so, but I'm pretty sure that thinking you won't win makes winning that much tougher.