For those who hate negativity

GrandGreen

From the official site

The men's relay teams grabbed three top-five finishes today. North Texas had two teams competing in the men's 4x100 meter relay. Team A (compiled of James Fowler, Clint Collins, Johnny Hickman and Cameron Newson) finished second in 40.70 with Team B (compiled of Trevor Henderson, Kedron Sowells, Caleb Pryor and Terrance Williams) coming in at third in 41.63.

Only issue is that there were only three teams entered in the 4x100, NT A, NT B and the winner

If you want only a positive slant, try the NT official athletic site. Only problem you don't a lot of information unless you dig. Another current example, Women's golf is in tenth place at a tournament, with no mention off what teams are entered or even how many.

You don't expect hard core reporting from any universities' official athletic sites, but it would be nice if they provided the basic information on a timely basis without such absurd bias.

• Upvote 4

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Can't win.

I have no idea what you mean in reference to this topic.

I don't expect anyone is going to be damned for accurate reasonable non-misleading reporting of an athletic event. These are not opinion pieces, and everyone expects a favorable slant, but highlighting an event NT got second and third out of three teams.

• Upvote 2

I don't expect anyone is going to be damned for accurate reasonable non-misleading reporting of an athletic event. These are not opinion pieces, and everyone expects a favorable slant, but highlighting an event NT got second and third out of three teams.

All you are doing in manipulating the stats, thats not uncommon at all...They have stats for every tournament, just click on the complete meet results hyperlink.

Former UT basketball coach Abe Lemons:

"Two years ago we played in a tournament in Alaska and they made us honorary Alaskans. Last year we played in Hawaii and they made us honorary Hawaiians. This year, we're playing in the Virgin Islands."

----- Abe Lemons

• Upvote 2

If you ever own your own company, i want to work for you. I could do a crappy job and still get my butt kissed.

I'll remember that...but, I can assure you that with your attidtude you probably would not make it past the first preliminary interview. You might want to go speak with a few of my ex-employers from my bank president days and see what they recall about expectations and production.

Ask them about "crappy jiobs and butt kissing"...you obviously have no clue...but, carry on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This seems to happen to you on a somewhat regular basis, but only to you...Hmmmmmmmm. Just go read it again (and maybe Dr. Seuss' reply). I'll bet you can figure it out. If not, PM me...happy to help you out. No need to bother the masses who do understand what I mean with the explanation here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

This seems to happen to you on a somewhat regular basis, but only to you...Hmmmmmmmm. Just go read it again (and maybe Dr. Seuss' reply). I'll bet you can figure it out. If not, PM me...happy to help you out. No need to bother the masses who do understand what I mean with the explanation here.

The last thing I need is advise from you on anything. I know your point is that I made a negative but rather benign comment that you are just required to response to because you have appointed yourself the arbiter of all comments to do with NT athletics.

I can assure I can research the Internet as well as you and DR Suess. How would I even know that there were only three teams in the subject race if I had not, and by the way, I read the results a day sooner from the TCU site.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll remember that...but, I can assure you that with your attidtude you probably would not make it past the first preliminary interview. You might want to go speak with a few of my ex-employers from my bank president days and see what they recall about expectations and production.

Ask them about "crappy jiobs and butt kissing"...you obviously have no clue...but, carry on.

I asked them, they confirmed my suspicions. Carry on.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What about some positivity??

We currently have the 5th fastest metric miler (1500m) in the nation! Jo Adams was also the first college runner to finish at the prestigious relays. Jo finish ahead of an all american from this past indoor national championships. Also, to top it off she was only beaten by two professional athletes...

None of which was mentioned on meangreensports.com!

• Upvote 6

Peace on earth good will toward men...........even among & between all of us who attended North Texas. Lest we forget in all our hot sports opinions, we are still really pulling for the same team in green.

And karaoke version:

That first video is obviously the result of superior genetics and parenting.