Newest Stadium Rankings For All NCAA FBS Schools

As far as my generation and probably those older (as in the Mean Joe Era) are concerned, we've not done much at a level we thought we'd for sure be at by now in the last 30 plus years, but the UNT students (for the most part with their monies) and their passage of the new stadium referendum at least gave us a major college football venue for us to one day grow a major college football program into. If we can't do it with wins/losses over a period of time, then maybe we can just have better facilities than most of the rest of the mid-majors.

This "new" rankings list obviously is tainted with unbelievable bias as I'd bet those polled and who did not give Apogee a higher rank have not put one step inside our on-campus stadium. IMO...........Apogee is just not one of those stadiums that can be fairly assessed from either Interstate or by looking at the huge press box. One really has to step inside Apogee to be able to appreciate the entire package. I'm sure had we had an 8 football season winning streak (instead of, well, you know) we probably would have jumped another 10 or 15 spots in this latest stadium poll. Winning programs who I think we have a better stadium seemed to get a rather nice bump in these rankings.

Extra Stuff: I mean you have one other recent SBC school now a member in CUSA with what is undoubtedly and mostly an erector set kind of stadium (which Apogee is not) gets ranked ahead of our stadium? I..........don't.............think.............so. AND...........no way that any "mid major" football stadium built in the 60's or 70's should be ranked higher than Apogee Stadium. Again, had we been winning the last 30 years this poll as far as Apogee is concerned would favor us more.

Tulsa U's stadium was ranked last in this survey.

UNT's Apogee was ranked ahead of Coach Mac's former employer, ie, ISU stadium.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/02-01-2013/252/college-football-stadium-experience-rankings-2012/#comments

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

First, sorry about the repeat thread. I just got an email minutes ago from "Stadium Journey" which featured these rankings in its content so I thought this would be fresh material?

And I agree, forevereagle, the Kibble'N'Bits Dome should be ranked last.

Tulsa U has oil-wealthy alums who should do something about their stadium. By the way, last time "Stadium Journey" had their NCAA FBS stadium rankings out I recall that they had Apogee Stadium somewhere in the 100's which was preposterous but hey(!)............................................ we are moving up in the rankings! :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

ULaMonroe and FIU are ahead of Apogee.....

All you need to know about this list.

Quite unbelievable...

No conspiracy here, but we just flat out have some people out there who don't like North Texas--even stadium pollsters apparently.

I think some of that is our fault with our lack of P.R. prowess outside of the Denton city limits, but I think some of that is also disrespect from our critics aimed at our school which even they know has all this potential that no one has yet tapped up there in awhile. Some of our critics and competition (even now in CUSA) know they have nothing close to UNT's potential and never will but.................one day, folks, one day..............UNT will finally catch lightning in a bottle and reclaim its Midas Touch. The law of averages says this has to happen at some point. Some of us would like it to be soon. :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

This list doesn't seem accurate to me.

The best indicator I have seen is that UofH is using the same company that we did. Also just the reaction I have seen who came with me to games. I had a longhorn season ticket holder say he thought although it was smaller -- it was overall nicer game watching experience than DKR..I kid you not. They did an amazing job on Apogee..now we just need to win and fill the damn thing.

ULaMonroe and FIU are ahead of Apogee.....

All you need to know about this list.

Thats because the rube making up the list is doing just that....making up the list. Its obvious He/She has never stepped foot in Malone or Aillet or Apogee in their life.

And read that again about Apogee. If that isn't a cut and paste descriptive off of one of our school websites I don't know what is? Who in hell steps foot in Apogee on game day and comes away with all that LEED environment BS as an impression?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I thought the scores given to Apogee were OK (except Access), until I saw the ranking for some other schools ahead of us (i.e. SMU). Ford Stadium itself is very nice. But, no way should SMU/Ford be rated #55 with their putrid attendance and atmosphere (actual attendance, not seats sold). SMU should be right about where we are IMO.

I disagree with the "Access" rating for Apogee. Yeah, it was bad without the new bridge. But, not so bad anymore. If we demolish Fouts and make it a parking lot, we should be fine for the near future..

Personally, I tend to prefer college towns over universities stuck in the middle of major cities. College towns have a special atmosphere that you don't get in major cities. Yeah, SMU has a lot to do around campus. But, it doesn't feel like being near a university, when students mix with 9 to 5ers and families who have no affiliation with the school. I guess the reviewer felt otherwise.

• Upvote 1