Something new for game day tailgating?

SilverEagle

As I have said before, we need transportation from the "A" Train station to the stadium and back. Some enterprising individual, or perhaps the Pedicab franchise, could make this happen as a private business.

• Upvote 2

As I have said before, we need transportation from the "A" Train station to the stadium and back. Some enterprising individual, or perhaps the Pedicab franchise, could make this happen as a private business.

Bingo!

Never understood why RV has opposition to shuttle buses on game days. Based on our attendance we need to do everything to make it easier for people to get to the stadium. Shuttle routes with stops at the dorms, greek row, train station, and other parts of town just make sense.

Now that the pedestrian bridge is present, this may be possible, but before that, it was difficult to drive into the stadium parking lot from Avenue D. NO WAY a shuttle bus was going to work out.

• Upvote 1

Now that the pedestrian bridge is present, this may be possible, but before that, it was difficult to drive into the stadium parking lot from Avenue D. NO WAY a shuttle bus was going to work out.

I'm really interested in seeing how the pedestrian bridge gets utilized for the Idaho opening game. Should be pretty packed.

Very good point Baby Arm. A festive, decorated shuttle driving by those places could not help but increase attendance, slowly at first perhaps, but eventually making a real difference. Have you noticed how many students are hanging around in front of their dorms on game days with no particular place to be? With a creative approach and a little encouragement I think we could even get a good number of Brucelings to get in the spirit of the thing. We really need to push this idea.

• Upvote 1

Very good point Baby Arm. A festive, decorated shuttle driving by those places could not help but increase attendance, slowly at first perhaps, but eventually making a real difference. Have you noticed how many students are hanging around in front of their dorms on game days with no particular place to be? With a creative approach and a little encouragement I think we could even get a good number of Brucelings to get in the spirit of the thing. We really need to push this idea.

Your Bruceling comment is right on the money. Get each group to contribute in their own way. The Bruce crowd has always been aware of the usual apathy, but once in a while we capitalized on that by way of pointing out that you can dress like a lunatic and yell completely insane things at our games, because there isn't enough mainstream interest to drown you out. I also went to a few games with groups that were about half gay guys, half straight guys because we alternated "stereotype events" - one weekend, go to a home football game, the next weekend, hang out in Cedar Springs, etc. It's like the discussion about the Halloween game - if you try every idea all at once, you're bound to achieve success with at least a couple of them.

• Upvote 1