Texas Douche spotted at Jupiter House today!

I think you're a douche for posting this, and having TCU in your signature line. Let's focus on the real issues here, cupcake! It's only a douche move if he wore that to a UNT event.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I believe the purveyors of the term "<big 12 school> douche" can help us with a handy definition of what makes someone said douche since they are highly esteemed here on GMG.com (well, by most).

To the best of my recollection, it is:

1. Someone who obviously did not attend the school who's apparel they are wearing.

2. Someone who changes their apparel with whoever the winning flavor-of-the-week happens to be.

3. Someone who shows up to UNT games decked out in their <big 12 (and now SEC) school> gear despite not attending the school they are sporting.

In the photograph posted above, in order for the gentleman in question to be labeled "Texas Douche", we are able to sift options 2 & 3 since this gentleman is wearing UT gear (certainly not a winning flavor of the week, maybe in 2006, but not today), and he is at Jupiter House Coffee shop, not at a UNT sporting event. We must be able to deduce that he did not attend the university. With the information we're provided in the photgraph, it is simply not possible to label this man "Texas Douche". "Avid Longhorns fan"? Yes. "Texas Douche"? Unknown.

The child is another case study. He obviously meets the criteria of not attending the school he is sporting. However, he is not yet old enough to dress himself and/or buy his own clothes, so he cannot be labeled a douche either as his apparel is purchased by the gentleman in question.

Hope that clears things up.

• Upvote 5

I think you're a douche for posting this, and having TCU in your signature line. Let's focus on the real issues here, cupcake! It's only a douche move if he wore that to a UNT event.

I went to school at UNT and TCU for my masters. So, with that being said I can put whatever I want in my signature. Anyone that wears this much gear for any school anywhere is a douche, Sunshine.

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Downvote 2

I believe the purveyors of the term "<big 12 school> douche" can help us with a handy definition of what makes someone said douche since they are highly esteemed here on GMG.com (well, by most).

To the best of my recollection, it is:

1. Someone who obviously did not attend the school who's apparel they are wearing.

2. Someone who changes their apparel with whoever the winning flavor-of-the-week happens to be.

3. Someone who shows up to UNT games decked out in their <big 12 (and now SEC) school> gear despite not attending the school they are sporting.

In the photograph posted above, in order for the gentleman in question to be labeled "Texas Douche", we are able to sift options 2 & 3 since this gentleman is wearing UT gear (certainly not a winning flavor of the week, maybe in 2006, but not today), and he is at Jupiter House Coffee shop, not at a UNT sporting event. We must be able to deduce that he did not attend the university. With the information we're provided in the photgraph, it is simply not possible to label this man "Texas Douche". "Avid Longhorns fan"? Yes. "Texas Douche"? Unknown.

The child is another case study. He obviously meets the criteria of not attending the school he is sporting. However, he is not yet old enough to dress himself and/or buy his own clothes, so he cannot be labeled a douche either as his apparel is purchased by the gentleman in question.

Hope that clears things up.

Got it.

• Upvote 1

This guy has on a UT hat, UT pants, under his hoodie he has a UT shirt on, and sadly he dressed that cute kid in a UT hat, UT jacket, and UT shoes. Amazing!

texasdouche_zps7f729abc.jpg

Did you say anything? I bet not. Give people enough hell and they might think twice about wearing that crap. This isn't even a big deal though. If it was actually on campus, then you definitely say something.

• Upvote 2

Did you say anything? I bet not. Give people enough hell and they might think twice about wearing that crap. This isn't even a big deal though. If it was actually on campus, then you definitely say something.

Why would I say something? He can wear what he wants. It is just funny that he would go so overboard. You are right though, if he was at a UNT game or on campus like this then I would have to make fun of him. I recall when I was taking a philosophy class I brought up the fact that one girl had on a UT shirt on and some guy had on a UT hat. The professor completely stopped taking about Plato and the "Allegory of the Cave", and we talked about what motivated them to wear other schools clothing to a class at UNT. I believe the girls dad went to UT and the guy just like the longhorns. Either way, wear UNT if you go to UNT.

• Upvote 2