Off season fun! Crazy dorm stories!

I stole this idea from another forum, and we should try it here. Tell a funny or crazy story from your dorm days. I will go first...

When I lived in Bruce Hall my 7ft tall roommate was obsessed with playing World of War Craft (or whatever it was back then in Spring of 2001). He would play all day and all night. Skipping classes and meals for the game was common for him. One night at three am I woke up to him crying and cursing at his computer. I looked down from the top bunk and ask if he was okay. I assumed someone had died or he got dumped, because the way he was upset. Sadly, he got his account erase because he illegally used a Spiderman character. Really? Crying because a online game account got erased... Priceless.

I had a similar roommate in Kerr. He woke me up late one night yelling at this computer while playing world of warcraft " if I don't get the gold I won't be a warrior". I yelled back if you don't stop yelling at the computer I'm going to break your laptop when you go to sleep.

I don't have any great dorm stories. My best stories are from living in apartments around campus.

Somehow I don't think anyone will top the story about the Marshall swimmer and the carrot on the CUSA board.

Nothing on this forum will top the Marshal kid getting the business from the girl on the swim team.

• Upvote 1

I got another good one that might top the Marshal swim kid one...

In Bruce hall I was making sweet love to my girlfriend in the communal showers. We had to sneak in there because it was not a coed shower of course. Two shower stalls over we heard some other couple having sex. We kept going. It was funny, but it got interesting when we walked out of our shower stall and there were two guys next to the other stall drying off. One of the guys was a gay guy that lived down the hall. Good Ol' Bruce Hall!

• Upvote 2

What stories! In my day even the term "Coed Dorm" had not been coined and if you were caught anywhere beyond the front living room or front desk of a girl's dorm your college career was over - if not your life. Dean Dickey would have seen to it.

We checked girls out of the dorms as if they were library books and were required to return them on time(10:50) sober and relatively unscathed. No exceptions, no excuses.

• Upvote 2

What stories! In my day even the term "Coed Dorm" had not been coined and if you were caught anywhere beyond the front living room or front desk of a girl's dorm your college career was over - if not your life. Dean Dickey would have seen to it.

We checked girls out of the dorms as if they were library books and were required to return them on time(10:50) sober and relatively unscathed. No exceptions, no excuses.

The good old days.

I lived in Kerr hall's B-side, the square-shaped part during my first year here. It was also coincidentally when those foot-scooter things were all the rage, so we'd use the square hall as foot-scooter race track every so often. At first it was pretty tame, but it got serious when we would break out the pool noodles like some sort of low-budget, collegiate Ben-Hur.

Ok, here we go....

In 1971 at West Hall (not coed, of couse) I had a friend named Ross P. who had transfered from a small men's school in Virginia, Randolph-Macon, to throw javelin for our track team. As I was also from Virginia, we became friends, sometimes to my great regret.

One day, Ross came into my room with a starter's pistol he had brought from track practice. His idea was to go to the pool room at West and fire at me. I was to "go down" and then we would watch the hilarity ensue.

So, I go and get into a game of pool with some others. Ross comes in as planned, fires the pistol and I hit the floor. Next, he fires at someone else who also goes down. Now both of us are really concerned as this was not part of the plan. Turns out the guy fainted from fright. The rest of the people run out of the pool room into the street, zigging and zagging to avoid being hit with Ross in hot pursuit, firing away.

I (quickly) returned to my room and began studying.

In a matter of minutes, the place is crawling with the campus police, Denton police and the Texas Rangers. About 30 minutes later, Ross returns with his tail between his legs. Surprisingly, all the police did was give him a good dressing down and took his pistol away!

It seemed a good idea at the time.

I'll save the story of the time I put a scorpion in my roommate's bed for another occasion.

• Upvote 6

Ok, here we go....

In 1971 at West Hall (not coed, of couse) I had a friend named Ross P. who had transfered from a small men's school in Virginia, Randolph-Macon, to throw javelin for our track team. As I was also from Virginia, we became friends, sometimes to my great regret.

One day, Ross came into my room with a starter's pistol he had brought from track practice. His idea was to go to the pool room at West and fire at me. I was to "go down" and then we would watch the hilarity ensue.

So, I go and get into a game of pool with some others. Ross comes in as planned, fires the pistol and I hit the floor. Next, he fires at someone else who also goes down. Now both of us are really concerned as this was not part of the plan. Turns out the guy fainted from fright. The rest of the people run out of the pool room into the street, zigging and zagging to avoid being hit with Ross in hot pursuit, firing away.

In a matter of minutes, the place is crawling with the campus police, Denton police and the Texas Rangers. About 30 minutes later, Ross returns with his tail between his legs. Surprisingly, all the police did was give him a good dressing down and took his pistol away!

This story deserves #1 votes in the Top 25. BCS polling won't come out for another couple weeks though.
  • Upvote 1

Ok, here we go....

I'll save the story of the time I put a scorpion in my roommate's bed for another occasion.

I think his consequences (and probably yours!) would be a little more severe today.

I stole this idea from another forum, and we should try it here. Tell a funny or crazy story from your dorm days. I will go first...

When I lived in Bruce Hall my 7ft tall roommate was obsessed with playing World of War Craft (or whatever it was back then in Spring of 2001). He would play all day and all night. Skipping classes and meals for the game was common for him. One night at three am I woke up to him crying and cursing at his computer. I looked down from the top bunk and ask if he was okay. I assumed someone had died or he got dumped, because the way he was upset. Sadly, he got his account erase because he illegally used a Spiderman character. Really? Crying because a online game account got erased... Priceless.

Granted Tosh.0 proved this was fake but still funny.

http://youtu.be/YersIyzsOpc

Edited by gksmith

Ok, here we go....

This is the part that I found astounding. I used to work as a radio dispatcher during that time frame and had an occasion to meet a ranger or two. We never called them except for when a Bank was robbed, and the ones I met would not have let a college prank go with just a "good dressing down". Your dorm mate got REAL lucky.

• Upvote 1

Ok, here we go....

Not great idea in Texas.... someone might actually have a real gun... even in a dorm.. This will be a shock to those who think I am an anti-gun liberal... I had one in closet at College Inn one summer (back area, no roommate) ...too hot to keep in car trunk..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Certainly agree that this was not a good idea!!! In those days a mass shooting would have been unthinkable and I believe this is why the officers dismissed this as a college prank.

This trip down memory lane made me think about whatever happened to my old friend. It's amazing what you can find with a quick Google and it appears the dressing down was not his last experience with the law. Unfortunately, he has been in and out of our penal system quite a bit. Mostly drug and bad check charges.

What a shame this is. He came from a really nice family, was an excellent athlete, etc. I hope he has his life together now.

Certainly agree that this was not a good idea!!! In those days a mass shooting would have been unthinkable and I believe this is why the officers dismissed this as a college prank.

This trip down memory lane made me think about whatever happened to my old friend. It's amazing what you can find with a quick Google and it appears the dressing down was not his last experience with the law. Unfortunately, he has been in and out of our penal system quite a bit. Mostly drug and bad check charges.

What a shame this is. He came from a really nice family, was an excellent athlete, etc. I hope he has his life together now.

hmmmm, this sounds familiar. Kind of like other similar statements we've been hearing lately like "he was so quiet and polite" and "he never gave us any trouble" or "we're just totally shocked and surprised"....etc. I suspect that that private school back east where he transferred from asked him to leave. But to be fair, he isn't in the same category as the "quiet" ones. He's in the "poor impulse control" category.

This is the funniest story I've heard in quite some time. I still chuckle at my minds eye image of terrified students running out of West hall with your friend in hot pursuit with his starting pistol. He's just lucky that there weren't some Viet Nam Veterans suffering from PTSD in that group of guys.

--- Pretty much confirms what I have said many times.... guns (even starter pistols) are not toys... Too many people are too stupid to be trusted with one. Anyone points one at me or anyone I will assume it is real... He was an idiot... There are many of us that would have attacked him with a table knife, pencil, pen or whatever we had or it took to stop him... A broken pool cue stick would have done him in..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

There are many of us that would have attacked him with a table knife, pencil, pen or whatever we had or it took to stop him.

I believe the correct protocol to take, based upon our current administration in Washington's directions, is to attack with scissors.

my dorm stories will have to wait until mid-May when I can no longer be compromised by telling them while living there...

• Upvote 1