ULL or Ark. St.?

Harry

I really don't see what would be that great for Tulsa to have to change to a conference that currently has no name and will get barely make anymore money to break even after doing exit/entrance fees

The same reasons all of you joined CUSA.

1. Be with schools perceived to be peers.

2. To be able to say "at least we aren't in a conference with ____"

Schools don't spend millions of dollars to get away from other schools.

They spend millions of dollars to join certain schools.

The CUSA map has a hole in South Carolina Georgia, and Arkansas. If Tulsa leaves you would add Oklahoma to that list. It would be in the conference's best interest to find the school that brings the biggest market share to the confernce.

fcs or Sun Belt doesn't matter. It's all about footprint and market share.

Tech joined because the WAC was dying and it was better travel than having the nearest opponent be in New Mexico

LOL if you are saying that La. Tech chose CUSA over the MWC.

We both know that La. Tech was begging for an invite to avoid having to go to the Sun Belt.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

If having never been I-AA matters then ULL trumps UNT, UTSA, La.Tech, WKU, MTSU, ODU, Charlotte, Marshall, FIU, and FAU.

Exactly. It may not matter in the great scheme of things, but there is a very small list of viable options that don't fall into the "recent I-AA/FCS" category. Now that CUSA has selected (based on proximity to metropolitan centers) quite a few schools that are either currently or recently I-AA (as you correctly note above), they may be loath to add another. Of course, the prestige levels of the two schools may really have little to do with history at this point. Who knows?